01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Where do I Set Events on a Hikvision NVR?

Dudleydogg

I have a question, about hik NVR and the cameras, where do you configure the events? IF I do on the camera for 12 am to 7 am next thing I know i get alerts all day and it changed back to 24/7, so i go to the NVR and set the events, the times stay correct. go back to the camera and it's back to 24/7 alerts again. Seems every day i have to go into each camera and set the schedules for alerts, as they consistently reset to 24/7. I know I must be doing something wrong just not sure what. this is a new 16 channel NVR 12mp and all-new hik cameras.

Hi @Dudleydogg

You set Smart Events in the NVR by going to Configuration > Event > and then go to either Basic Event for motion detection, video tampering, video loss, etc... or Smart Event for line crossing, intrusion detection, region entrance, etc...

If you want to record by a specific event you need to go to Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings > Record Schedule and set the schedule to either Motion (green) or Event (purple).

I am starting to understand that part of it is I want 24/7 recordings right now but I don't want any alerts or events during the day we know there are people coming in the door. but each time I set the camera to only do events from 11 pm to 7 am, next thing I know I'm getting alerts at 1 pm, I go check the camera, and sure enough, it's back to 24/7 Motion alerts. just seems no matter what I try it's always 24/7. I guess the first question is should I set up in Camera or NVR, and if I only set alerts in the NVR what settings do I put the cameras on, disable everything? Who is the Boss who over writes who?

Ok, in most cases when cameras are connected to an NVR then the NVR takes control of things like smart events, so I would recommend that you set the event schedule in the NVR.

If you still have issues after setting the schedule in the NVR, then I would recommend that you make sure that the schedule & event settings are matching in both the camera and NVR settings because some settings can be shared both ways and if there is a difference in the event schedules between devices this may cause issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right and Thank you for replying, I just think I'm doing something wrong. I setup NVR for the schedule typically 12:00-8 AM is the only time I want alerts. I check NVR and all settings look good. Go to the camera and this is what I see, a shared image. so would seem there is some communication problem between cam's and NVR since Cams constantly revert to 24/7

Attachments

• 24-7 motion.png
    24-7 motion.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 250
Here I did some side by sides, NVR Area highlighted agrees, Schedules does not NVR and camera. I would think this would not be this difficult so Leaning back to blueIris now ! I just feel like I'm doing something wrong but not so sure now after how you explained .

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 267
Which NVR/camera model do you have?
What firmware is your NVR/camera currently?

Current camera in photos
DS-2CD2085G1-I
V5.6.3 build 190923 all latest firmware or at least what claims to be latest on hikvision site.
DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P is NVR, new but updated firmware.
V4.50.000 build 210125

I am still learning hik platform for NVR but had cameras for some months now, I am BluIris user looking for something less resource intensive that's why i am exploring HIK nvr.

ok, you are on the latest firmware for the NVR, but there is a newer v5.6.5 firmware for the camera. Seeing as the schedule in the camera is where you are seeing the issue it is worth updating to this latest firmware as the issue may have been resolved in one of the versions since the v5.4.3 you are currently running.

(we tested a camera running v5.6.5 on our office I-series NVR and we did not see the issue you are seeing)

Well aint that interesting, when I go to HIK site i see this is there better spot to look for firmware?
trying one you provided now
1616686102420.png

Back