01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Where to use PoE swtiches with Ubiquiti Nanobeams and Hikvision cameras

Tambroon

Hi. Iv installed a hikvision ptz camera in a barn and got it working with pre configured wireless nano beams to the house and plugged direct into the nvr. Iv tried to connect a second camera in the barn with a 4port switch at the barn. Do i need to plug the nanobeam into a switch at the house before it plugs into the nvr. Or how can i view it. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Tambroon

Just to check - is your PTZ directly connected to the NanoBeam in the barn by network cable? How are you powering the PTZ?

The PoE switch is only needed to add power to the cameras via the ethernet cables, so you just need to one in the barn (Cameras -> PoE Switch -> Nanobeam).

Then, just plug your NVR either straight into the RJ45 port on the NanoBeam in the house, or your router (preferably).

You should then be able to use the SADP tool to find the camera on your network, give it an IP address on your LAN's range, and then add it to one of the channels on your NVR using the new IP address.

These guides explain the last part in more detail:
How to find a Hikvision NVR or camera on your network
Adding Hikvision cameras to an NVR

Hi @Tambroon

Just to check - is your PTZ directly connected to the NanoBeam in the barn by network cable? How are you powering the PTZ?

The PoE switch is only needed to add power to the cameras via the ethernet cables, so you just need to one in the barn (Cameras -> PoE Switch -> Nanobeam).

Then, just plug your NVR either straight into the RJ45 port on the NanoBeam in the house, or your router (preferably).

You should then be able to use the SADP tool to find the camera on your network, give it an IP address on your LAN's range, and then add it to one of the channels on your NVR using the new IP address.

These guides explain the last part in more detail:
How to find a Hikvision NVR or camera on your network
Adding Hikvision cameras to an NVR
Hi. In the barn the ptz is powered by a 4 port switch and the nano beam is powered by its own injector it came with mayb the nanobeam would work by getting power from the switch. That part seems to work fine. Its just when i plug in another camera it wont show up on the nvr. So looks like i need to plug nanobeam into router instead of nvr and set ip address. May take me a while to figure out. Thanks for your help

Back