01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which Acusense NVR should I keep ?

korayy

Dear All,

Hello and greetings from Turkey..

After a long and complex story, finally I recieved my 4 x DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL IP cameras and two Acusense NVRs:) One of them is

ds-7616nxi-i2/4s and other is ds-7616nxi-i2/s.. I will keep and use one of them and sell the other..​

I kindly ask your comments on ;​

Which NVR should I keep and why ?​

Thank you in advance fo your comments ..

Kind regards

My thoughts:
  • the I2/S has 4 channel facial recognition, whereas the I2/4S does not have facial recognition - do you need it?
  • the I2/S can only use the AcuSense function on 4 cameras at 2MP, whereas the I2/4S will do 4 cameras at 4MP
But more important to note is that you've bought the Acusense model cameras (2346) and so didn't need an NXI (AcuSense) NVR at all. You can use the AcuSense function on either the camera OR the NVR - not both. As the NVRs restrict the number and resolution of cameras that can use the AcuSense function due to processing capabilities; It is better to simply use the AcuSense cameras with a standard NVR (7616NI-I2/16P), because that will allow you to have up to 16 cameras all having the AcuSense function, regardless of resolution (subject to not exceeding the incoming bandwidth).

The idea of the AcuSense NVRs is that they could be used with standard (non AcuSense) IP cameras.

Last edited:
Back