01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which Hikvision NVRs will Support the Latest ColorVu/AcuSense Cameras?

julian toon

are the hikvision nvrs interchangeable that is will a colour vu camera work ok on a pro series nvr are they specific to the series

Hi @julian toon

The ColorVu & AcuSense cameras are supported by the below NVR models:

I-series NVRs (DS-76xxNI-I2/xP / DS-77xxNI-I4/xP / DS-96xxNI-I8 / DS-96xxNI-I16)
AcuSense NVRs (DS-76xxNXI-I2/xP/S / DS-77xxNXI-I4/xP/S)
DeepinMind NVRs (iDS-77xxNXI-I4/16P/16S / iDS-96xxNXI-I8)

We do not recommend using ColorVu/AcuSense cameras with K-series NVRs (DS-76xxNI-K2/xP / DS-77xxNI-K4/xP) or any older NVR models (E-series, SE-Series, etc...).

Hi dan,
my nvr model is DS-7608NI-Q2\8P and tried to connect it with camera ColorVu model DS-2CD2087G2-LK 8 MP but unfortunately does not work despite the quality of the image

what is ur advice?

Hi @Qusai

Is the DS-2CD2087G2-LK the only camera you have added to this NVR?

If not, can you please confirm how many other cameras you have connected and the model numbers of each?

Okay,

What models are the other 4 cameras?

Thanks @Qusai

Are all of these cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or remotely to separate PoE Injectors/switches?
When you say the 2087G2 "does not work" what exactly do you mean? Can you add the camera but it shows as offline or will it not even connect?

Thats it only 2 of 4 camera works the rest is offline also the colorve one is offline

The status shows these messages
Error password & detecting

I tried to reset the nvr many times and plug off the cable from camers but still not working

Is there a solution or should i buy AcuSense nvr

Thanks @Qusai

When setting up the NVR did you set a strong password for the NVR/camera activation password?

When plugging the cameras into the PoE ports on the NVR they are assigned the NVRs password or the camera activation password, with certain camera models if this password is not strong enough the NVR will not activate the cameras (which might explain the detecting & password error messages you are seeing).

We would recommend resetting the NVR (and the 2 working cameras as they will need to be reactivated with the new NVR password) and then setting the NVR up again with a new strong password that includes at least 3 of the following - lowercase, uppercase, numbers, special characters - and the try adding the cameras again.

Back