01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

which is the best way to go for live view.

i have installed the camera (hikvision DS-2DE5220I-AE)....finally . I can get live view on lan but when I go to full screen on the pc monitor I loose the control panel for pre sets , ptz etc. is the ivms 4200 suitable? which is the most up to date version? light versus full version? and if so do I use the same log in details and set up details I did through sadp?

You can use iVMS 4200 to accomplish what you want. Full screen the camera, and then right-click the stream to open the PTZ control panel whilst full-screened. The latest version is 2.5.1.7 which you can pick up from Hikvision's overseas website or the Hikvision European download portal.

iVMS 4200 requires you to create a new master password for the software itself, but when adding the camera to the software you'd use the camera's credentials that you created in SADP.

many thanks for that, I decided to download the "lite" version, the full one seemed to be very slow. I must admit it seems quite good but the cpu usage indicator at the top of the screen seems to red most of the time so I will give it a few days and see whether I keep it or not

Back