01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Why does opening IVMS-4200 crash my Sky Q box?

jasjohal

This is going to sound quite odd, but hear me out:

I've got a Sky Q and a couple of mini boxes, that are connected to my network using a TP-Link powerline adapter.

I've also got a Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-K2), which is also connected using a TP-Link powerline adapter.

Everything seems to work fine in isolation - but whenever I open up IVMS-4200 on my MacBook, my Sky Q mini box crashes immediately and I have to restart it.

Anyone ever experienced anything similar....?

I don't think anybody has ever mentioned a scenario like this before.
My gut-feel would be to take Powerline out of the equation (throw-in a long cable temporarily just for testing) and see whether the problem goes away ...

Upvote 0
This is going to sound quite odd, but hear me out:

I've got a Sky Q and a couple of mini boxes, that are connected to my network using a TP-Link powerline adapter.

I've also got a Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-K2), which is also connected using a TP-Link powerline adapter.

Everything seems to work fine in isolation - but whenever I open up IVMS-4200 on my MacBook, my Sky Q mini box crashes immediately and I have to restart it.

Anyone ever experienced anything similar....?
I wonder if ivms-4200 is starting a multicast service on your Mac that SkyQ does not like? As @Phil said try to rule out the power line adapters, I don't think they are the problem.

Have you searched the Sky Q forums?

What IP addresses are assigned to your MacBook, router, skyQ and skyQ mini boxes?

David

Upvote 0
Back