01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

@ wits' end. 3rd party ip cam with new hikvision nvr

flip

now 2.30 at night.
Two days ago purchased a hikvision nvr DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)
Still have 4 older(maybe ancient) third party poe ip cams hanging around.

Actually had one working with the nvr connected to my home router with a POE injector for the juice. This was around six o clock. F*d it up and for the live of me cannot fix it.
And do not remember what changes i made.

IP range is okay. So cam is 192.168.1.151. NVR 192.168.1.150. gateway for both cam and nvr set to 192.168.1.1 (router)

Via onvif device manager camera is accessible: Onvif status: discoverable version 2.21
Also camera accessible by browser.

When I add it manually.
Onvif protocol.
channel 1
port 8000 (nvr does that itself when setting it to onvif)
Then the camera is listed as online. However when switching to live view (or recordings) it does not work and shows an error.

By the way. when I change the cameras deviceport via the browser (manually) from its 5050 standard tot 8000 i no longer get a liveview in my browser...

So:stuck and very tired.
Any help would be very very welcome.

Kind regards,

Flip

now 2.30 at night.
Two days ago purchased a hikvision nvr DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)
Still have 4 older(maybe ancient) third party poe ip cams hanging around.

Actually had one working with the nvr connected to my home router with a POE injector for the juice. This was around six o clock. F*d it up and for the live of me cannot fix it.
And do not remember what changes i made.

IP range is okay. So cam is 192.168.1.151. NVR 192.168.1.150. gateway for both cam and nvr set to 192.168.1.1 (router)

Via onvif device manager camera is accessible: Onvif status: discoverable version 2.21
Also camera accessible by browser.

When I add it manually.
Onvif protocol.
channel 1
port 8000 (nvr does that itself when setting it to onvif)
Then the camera is listed as online. However when switching to live view (or recordings) it does not work and shows an error.

By the way. when I change the cameras deviceport via the browser (manually) from its 5050 standard tot 8000 i no longer get a liveview in my browser...

So:stuck and very tired.
Any help would be very very welcome.

Kind regards,

Flip
Your problem is the IP range. If you're connecting the cameras directly to the NVR ports they need to be 192.168.254.xxx (the cameras are on a separate network to the NVR interface which is on your LAN - that's why it worked while on your PoE adaptor via your router). Set the cameras to 192.168.254.101, 102, 103, 104 then in the NVR camera menu BEFORE you connect the cameras, edit each cameras details from plug and play to manual and add those addresses along with the IP address and username/password. Then connect the cameras.

Back