01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Zero channel permission

dyna

Hello,

I have a DS-7732NI-I4 / 24P.

Is zero channel only available to admin? It won't work for any other users I setup.

I want to setup a user so that they can basically only watch that channel because I can control the bandwidth via the zero channel encoder settings.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have a DS-7732NI-I4 / 24P.

Is zero channel only available to admin? It won't work for any other users I setup.

I want to setup a user so that they can basically only watch that channel because I can control the bandwidth via the zero channel encoder settings.

Thanks.

We have spoken with Hikvision technical support and they say that what you are trying to achieve with Channel-Zero encoding is not possible with Hikvision equipment.

Dan,

I appreciate your taking the time to contact them. That was extremely kind.

I am a little disappointed with the actual answer though. To me, it seems like the zero channel's primary goal is to have a bandwidth controllable view. To limit that only to the admin seems like a waste.

The NVR is on cellular data but not unlimited. I will start another thread about this.

Thank you again

Dan,

I appreciate your taking the time to contact them. That was extremely kind.

I am a little disappointed with the actual answer though. To me, it seems like the zero channel's primary goal is to have a bandwidth controllable view. To limit that only to the admin seems like a waste.

The NVR is on cellular data but not unlimited. I will start another thread about this.

Thank you again

I asked them to clarify their response and this is what they came back to me with:

According to the customer description, I think the customer requirement is to let the user only watch the channel zero.
We can setup the channel zero on the user account , however we can’t limit the user only watch channel zero

So it is possible to set up Zero-channel for other users you just can't have it be 'view only'

Back