01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

4 silver grey sticky pads provided with new Hikvision NVRs - what are they for?

sdrb59

Just started setting up my Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2/8P and found in the box a set of four silver-grey rectangular sticky pads.

I can’t find any mention of them anywhere in any manuals or setup instructions so does anyone know what they are for please?

134ECF80-35DB-4019-8A56-868D0AABCE17.jpeg

Probably for the bottom of the case. Anti scratch, anti vibration, etc.
That was my initial thought but the pads are very thin, quite hard, and not actually padded. There’s also 4 raised circular ‘feet’ on the bottom of the unit which are a lot thicker than the pads.

Upvote 0
Hi @sdrb59 - Hikvision Support has explained that they can be used to cover the heads of the screws in the base of the units that hold the hard drives in place, probably to prevent damage to them or any scratching they might cause :)

IMG_6113.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hi @sdrb59 - Hikvision Support has explained that they can be used to cover the heads of the screws in the base of the units that hold the hard drives in place, probably to prevent damage to them or any scratching they might cause :)

View attachment 8931
Interesting The raised feet in the corners of the shell are deeper than the hard drive screw heads and the screw heads are recessed anyway so wouldn’t touch a flat surface. It might be more useful if they supplied foam pads to sit in the feet (I find people weeding all sorts beneath the NVR to quieten it)

Upvote 0
Interesting The raised feet in the corners of the shell are deeper than the hard drive screw heads and the screw heads are recessed anyway so wouldn’t touch a flat surface.
We thought exactly the same and double-checked that we were understanding properly...
But, apparently, that's what they're for and the HDD screws are the only ones that the pads seem to cover properly with their size / inflexibility!

Upvote 0
@Kyle maybe upload the other photo - that shows the keyhole slots that Hikvision have provided in the base of the new NVRs for HDD mounting.

My reaction was that they are huge holes, and that is probably why Hikvision felt the need to provide covers for them! :0

Upvote 0
Interesting The raised feet in the corners of the shell are deeper than the hard drive screw heads and the screw heads are recessed anyway so wouldn’t touch a flat surface. It might be more useful if they supplied foam pads to sit in the feet (I find people weeding all sorts beneath the NVR to quieten it)
Totally agree.

The moulded feet lift the base up by several millimetres and the HDD screws are recessed so the Hikvision explanation does seem a bit strange.

Your suggestion of adding some sort of pads for the feet is a great idea, both from a protection point and also to help deaden the sound a little. I might try something like that.

Upvote 0
Your suggestion of adding some sort of pads for the feet is a great idea, both from a protection point and also to help deaden the sound a little. I might try something like that.
Yeah you can get foam self adhesive feet by the sheet on Amazon. I'm surprised they don't pack the little PVC/rubber versions with the recorders as they slide around all over the place if put on anything smooth.

I must remember to use the stickers in future - it'll also update the IP rating to about IP31 lol :)

Upvote 0
Back