01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusense threshold crossing on one cam triggers another cam?

mkerton

Hi,

Bench testing:

My NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P (FW 4.51.007:210818)
I have one Acusense fixed turret DS-2DC2386G2-ISU/SL (F/W 5.5.800:210628 working OK. Flashing strobe/audio warning on line crossing. (garden).
I set up another Acusense, this time DS-2CD2386G2-IU (FW 5.5.131) on another POE channel. Again set up for line crossing. (front door).

When I test the second (front door ) cam for line crossing, the (garden) cam sets off its alarm. OK, I cover the (garden) cam with a tea towel, so that one has no chance of sensing anything. Still it goes off.

I must be doing something wrong, but what?

You may notice the (front door) cam firmware is not up to date. I cannot yet update that cam. Easy enough on the (garden) cam. I tried via NVR 4.0 GUI. Web browser under Safari and Firefox. Even downloaded to USB. Hik say V 5.7.12:221201. But no joy, I get failed to update message.

Guidance would be most appreciated.

Hi @mkerton

It is quite easy to get confused by the firmware for AcuSense cameras.

Both your models are actually G3 AcuSense models and not G5 models that use that v5.7.12 firmware.

The latest firmware for the G3 models is v5.5.801_211105

Try updating both cameras to this latest version and check the alarm/events again.

Hi @mkerton

It is quite easy to get confused by the firmware for AcuSense cameras.

Both your models are actually G3 AcuSense models and not G5 models that use that v5.7.12 firmware.

The latest firmware for the G3 models is v5.5.801_211105

Try updating both cameras to this latest version and check the alarm/events again.
Dan,

Confused is right. I keyed in the model number in Hik search in their UK download portal, and that was what they offered. OK, it was easy to upgrade the ISU previously, so download the zip move to a new folder and unzip. But not the 5.5.801_21105. Oh no, it unzips into a .cpgz file. I was expecting a .dav file, but thought may as well try to install it. No chance. Any ideas? Maybe just rename the extension to .dav? But I don't want to brick the cam!!

I have one Acusense fixed turret DS-2DC2386G2-ISU/SL (F/W 5.5.800:210628 working OK. Flashing strobe/audio warning on line crossing. (garden).
I set up another Acusense, this time DS-2CD2386G2-IU (FW 5.5.131) on another POE channel. Again set up for line crossing. (front door).

When I test the second (front door ) cam for line crossing, the (garden) cam sets off its alarm. OK, I cover the (garden) cam with a tea towel, so that one has no chance of sensing anything. Still it goes off.
Regardless of what firmware is currently on the cameras; take a look at the line crossing settings for the front door camera in the NVR menu. You can set the linkage actions of any cameras motion detection, line crossing etc to trigger the strobe light or audible alarm on any camera that has the facility. I guess you'll already have checked, but ensure that the relevant checkboxes are empty in the Linkage Actions tab of the Front Door line crossing alarm.

Dan,

Confused is right. I keyed in the model number in Hik search in their UK download portal, and that was what they offered. OK, it was easy to upgrade the ISU previously, so download the zip move to a new folder and unzip. But not the 5.5.801_21105. Oh no, it unzips into a .cpgz file. I was expecting a .dav file, but thought may as well try to install it. No chance. Any ideas? Maybe just rename the extension to .dav? But I don't want to brick the cam!!
Ok,
Now sorted the .cpgz extension. The zip file was corrupted. I pasted the link into Safari and downloaded the 78mb file. Unzip and voila! I get a .dav file.

Hik don't like to make things easy do they? I did notice the C appended to the firmware file. Yep, I get it, the C refers to the new G5 version of the Acusense cam. What I needed was the G3 version of the firmware for my G2 cam. You couldn't make this tautology up could you?

Anyhow, I'll report back when I've completed the upgrade. Am I right is assuming this firware upgrade applies to all Acusense G2 cams, or does it only apply to some?

Thanks again Dan

Michael

Reactions: Dan
Regardless of what firmware is currently on the cameras; take a look at the line crossing settings for the front door camera in the NVR menu. You can set the linkage actions of any cameras motion detection, line crossing etc to trigger the strobe light or audible alarm on any camera that has the facility. I guess you'll already have checked, but ensure that the relevant checkboxes are empty in the Linkage Actions tab of the Front Door line crossing alarm.
Jb1970. That's defo what I have done. I assumed the linkage actions were bound to each cam, rather than global. Simple solution.

Thank you for the heads-up

Michael

Safari always unzips the files automatically for me as the download completes I just find 'digicap.dav' in my downloads folder.

G2 cameras use G3 firmware for older non c cameras and G5 for the newer c cameras. The easiest way to check is to go into system settings of the cameras webpage menu and check the firmware version property at the bottom there. Below is a G5:

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 14.08.47.png

Jb1970. That's defo what I have done. I assumed the linkage actions were bound to each cam, rather than global. Simple solution.

Thank you for the heads-up

Michael
They're not global so it they shouldn't have ended up getting automatically selected there but it's worth checking nonetheless.

Ok,
Now sorted the .cpgz extension. The zip file was corrupted. I pasted the link into Safari and downloaded the 78mb file. Unzip and voila! I get a .dav file.

Hik don't like to make things easy do they? I did notice the C appended to the firmware file. Yep, I get it, the C refers to the new G5 version of the Acusense cam. What I needed was the G3 version of the firmware for my G2 cam. You couldn't make this tautology up could you?

Anyhow, I'll report back when I've completed the upgrade. Am I right is assuming this firware upgrade applies to all Acusense G2 cams, or does it only apply to some?

Thanks again Dan

Michael
Upgreade was simple. I didn't bother to put the firmware .dav file on the root. I went for the easy option. Create new folder on desktop drag the zip file, unpack and go to cam via Firefox and maintenance, browse and voila!

Thanks chaps

They're not global so it they shouldn't have ended up getting automatically selected there but it's worth checking nonetheless.
Yep. Untick "turn on audio and light alarm" in linkage action. Re-tick audio for front door and that works fine now. I'm curious though. Imagine a 16 cam setup why have a front garden strobe go off when a workshop 150metres away was being burgled? Do you know it possible to set up separate audio files for each cam? That would make sense to some degree. But, with a number od strobe cams dotted around one install, it seems wrong that all strobes should go off at every intrusion. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Michael

Yep. Untick "turn on audio and light alarm" in linkage action. Re-tick audio for front door and that works fine now. I'm curious though. Imagine a 16 cam setup why have a front garden strobe go off when a workshop 150metres away was being burgled? Do you know it possible to set up separate audio files for each cam? That would make sense to some degree. But, with a number od strobe cams dotted around one install, it seems wrong that all strobes should go off at every intrusion. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Michael
Yes I think you might be missing something. Each individual event (line crossing, motion, intrusion) on each individual camera has specific linkage actions. Whatever actions you want to link for an event on camera 1 are selected in that camera 1 event linkage actions only. You can set up an event to trigger audio and/or strobe on the camera where the event is set, or you can tick the boxes to trigger the alert on a different camera instead or as well as.

I don't use the audio and light alarm but as an example see the image below for my front door:

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 16.12.48.png

There are 6 entries for Audio and Light Alarm, one entry for light and one entry for audio on the three cameras of my system that have the speaker/strobe. I don't tick the top box as that would enable all and I'd get Strobe and Siren on all three cameras. I can select to have Audio and/or light only on this front door camera (.102), or I can select any combination from the available cameras. Whatever I select will occur when motion is detected on the front door camera. I can also schedule that motion detection event in the arming schedule or I can individually schedule when the strobe/siren is able to be activated (those can be scheduled per camera in the 'Flashing Alarm Light Output' and 'Audible Alarm Output' at the top.

Yes you can have different sounds for each camera. In the 'Audible Alarm Output' there's a drop down where you select the audio to play. What you won't be able to do is play different messages on one camera.

Yes I think you might be missing something. Each individual event (line crossing, motion, intrusion) on each individual camera has specific linkage actions. Whatever actions you want to link for an event on camera 1 are selected in that camera 1 event linkage actions only. You can set up an event to trigger audio and/or strobe on the camera where the event is set, or you can tick the boxes to trigger the alert on a different camera instead or as well as.

I don't use the audio and light alarm but as an example see the image below for my front door:

View attachment 8956

There are 6 entries for Audio and Light Alarm, one entry for light and one entry for audio on the three cameras of my system that have the speaker/strobe. I don't tick the top box as that would enable all and I'd get Strobe and Siren on all three cameras. I can select to have Audio and/or light only on this front door camera (.102), or I can select any combination from the available cameras. Whatever I select will occur when motion is detected on the front door camera. I can also schedule that motion detection event in the arming schedule or I can individually schedule when the strobe/siren is able to be activated (those can be scheduled per camera in the 'Flashing Alarm Light Output' and 'Audible Alarm Output' at the top.

Yes you can have different sounds for each camera. In the 'Audible Alarm Output' there's a drop down where you select the audio to play. What you won't be able to do is play different messages on one camera.
How many time a day does a man get round to thanking a stranger? Again, thank you JB1970 the penny (or should I say Yuan) is finally dropping. I most appreciate your input.

Best regards

Michael

Back