01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Alarm Integration

Mike2017

Hi,
I've a 7608NI-K2-8P NVR and wanted to look into Alarm Integration to arm the camera motion detection. I've upgraded the NVR to 4.21 successfully and plan to replace my G1 Turret Cameras with G2 ones using Acusense. This should reduce false positives and catch anyone lurking around my house when I'm not there.

So - I've 4 alarm inputs on the NVR and 1 output. What am I wiring into on the Alarm side to get this to work? Any tutorials I've missed or tips around setting this up - is it possible to do this using my hardware? I'm looking at the DS-2CD2386G2-I models currently with my current NVR.

Thanks.

Are you asking/saying that you want to connect your intruder alarm to your NVR?

Not quite sure what you're trying to achieve from your post - IE cause and effect. Maybe you could elaborate with an example.

You can set up the NVR to push notifications to your phone using Hik Connect by configuring the appropriate alarm (line crossing/intrusion detection) to "notify surveillance centre" in the options for that alarm event. Note for alarms to work in Hik Connect you need to use the Hik Connect method of connection to your system as opposed to the direct IP/Server method.

The alarm inputs are for use with external devices - for example a contact on a gate, an external PIR, flood sensor, whatever you want. They can be configured normally open or normally closed and you just connect a volt free pair of wires between one of the ground connections and an input. They can then be configured in the same way as the basic and smart alarm events with regard to the action taken (full screen monitor, beep, notify surveillance centre/push notification, e mail etc). Input 1 can be used to arm the other inputs I believe. You could connect this to a switch, an output from your alarm system to arm as you leave or loop it to the alarm output so that you can arm/disarm from the app.

I have a GJD external security lighting system. I use the Elite PIR's that have additional contacts for this use in addition to the security lighting wiring. I have three PIR's front, side and rear connected to three inputs on the NVR. I've also connected the alarm output back to the GJD lighting controller and this acts as an override allowing me to bring all of the floodlights on from the Hik-Connect or iVMS app.

Thanks - just looking to activate motion detection when the house alarm is armed. Coupled with Acusense it should keep a good eye on areas where there should be NO activity. But wanted to check how to wire it into the NVR. The lighting system solution you have sounds interesting too!

This would depend on your model of alarm panel and whether it has programmable outputs or a connection for a communicator (what panel do you have?). You'd need a 12V DC mini relay in the alarm panel. Connect a permanent 12+ connection to one side of the coil, the other side of the coil would need to connect to an output programmed as type "set". A pair of wires connected to common/normally closed on the relay would then connect to Alarm Input 1 and GND on the NVR. Input 1 can be configured as "one key disarming" on the local GUI but I'm not sure whether this enables/disables all alarms or inputs 2,3,4 only. Someone will advise....

Last edited:
Thanks - just looking to activate motion detection when the house alarm is armed. Coupled with Acusense it should keep a good eye on areas where there should be NO activity. But wanted to check how to wire it into the NVR. The lighting system solution you have sounds interesting too!

OK so I just checked this on mine. The one key disarming function of input 1 allows you to switch off the alarm actions, without switching off motion detection. So if you had your motion events set to "notify surveillance centre", you can check that box in the options and it will disable the push notifications when the input is active. There's a Hikvision YouTube video here

Back