01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Android - Can’t remove a camera [Cam0@] from showing in the App?

cymruchris

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Can’t quite work this one out.

A friend has an old K series NVR which has 4 cameras attached via POE.

On the NVR itself there are only four cameras. In my Hikproconnect screen there are only four cameras. But in my friend's Hik-Connect app there are 5 cameras - of which the first one (camera zero) can’t be displayed.

I’ve tried deleting the entire NVR device completely and re-adding it. I’ve tried deleting just the ‘offending’ camera itself by dragging it to the top of the screen and then replacing it with the camera that’s been displaced onto page two of the display - and each time it puts it back.

When I look in the app at camera management - only 4 cameras are present.

Where’s this fifth one coming from? And how do I permanently get rid of it?

My brain can’t think of why it’s happening and how to stop it.

My friend does tend to be all fingers and thumbs when it comes to operating the phone - and there are other NVRs on the account.

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong trying to put this right?

(Photos attached)

Attachments

• 1000013979.jpeg
    1000013979.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 1000013978.jpeg
    1000013978.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1000013980.jpeg
    1000013980.jpeg
    676.3 KB · Views: 14
Solution
I've just checked, and that extra channel appears when you turn on "channel zero":
Channel-zero, known as virtual channel, can show the videos from all channels of the device, reducing the bandwidth while simultaneously previewing from multi-channel. It can acquire image information and save bandwidth for transmission through encoding and configuring output images.

Tap More > Settings and then enable the Mobile Client to display channel-zero.

In the app, go to to Me>Settings and you should have the option to disable "Display Channel-Zero", which will remove it :)

IMG_1670.PNG
I've just checked, and that extra channel appears when you turn on "channel zero":
Channel-zero, known as virtual channel, can show the videos from all channels of the device, reducing the bandwidth while simultaneously previewing from multi-channel. It can acquire image information and save bandwidth for transmission through encoding and configuring output images.

Tap More > Settings and then enable the Mobile Client to display channel-zero.

In the app, go to to Me>Settings and you should have the option to disable "Display Channel-Zero", which will remove it :)

IMG_1670.PNG

Upvote 1
Solution

View attachment 11239

Perfect - problem solved.

I had considered channel zero - logged into the NVR, and it wasn't set there as active - and didn't see it under camera management.

The lady has 4 NVR's on her hik-connect - but the other 3 are shared in - so it was only happening on hers.

Now I know where it is in the 'Me' menu - It'll be easier to find next time.

Upvote 0
Great - yep, it's one of those settings you don't realise exists until it's been enabled by accident!

Upvote 0
Back