01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Ax Pro alarm - Master blaster sounder.

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

R_M

Last night one of mine and my neighbours outbuildings were robbed.
They did a good job of missing most of my cameras, but dropped a clanger when they drove past my ANPR camera assuming it was a normal cam.
However that got thinking about an alarm system. I’ve looked at the Ax Pro stuff, this looks a sensible option given my cameras are all Hik.
Being rural and a fairly heavy sleeper I want a sounder which will literally wake the dead, the master blaster seems ticks that box. Upon looking at the spec for the master blaster it mentions having a control panel alarm system. Would that mean it’s not possible to integrate the sounder?
Also, what is the range like on the sensors?

As the whole system is wireless you can just get an additional internal sounder and mount it somewhere near your bedroom (Or in it). I've got an AX pro - and have done just that. The main bellbox is at the bottom of the garden, and the additional sounder is just outside of my bedroom. I've programmed it so that this additional sounder also beeps to arm and disarm as a confirmation. You can connect several bellboxes and sounders if you so wish. Can't comment on the range - but in our normal sized rooms the sensors pick up motion nicely in all corners.

Reactions: R_M
As the whole system is wireless you can just get an additional internal sounder and mount it somewhere near your bedroom (Or in it). I've got an AX pro - and have done just that. The main bellbox is at the bottom of the garden, and the additional sounder is just outside of my bedroom. I've programmed it so that this additional sounder also beeps to arm and disarm as a confirmation. You can connect several bellboxes and sounders if you so wish. Can't comment on the range - but in our normal sized rooms the sensors pick up motion nicely in all corners.
That’s useful, a sounder in my bedroom would be perfect!!!!
The reason I want a loud sounder is I do have have some on point neighbours who may also hear it going off and come to look if I’m out.
I’ve spoken to my supplier briefly and they reckon integration is apparently possible, need an additional relay I believe.
Are these systems susceptible to jamming? If so can it be configured to sound in that instance?

That’s useful, a sounder in my bedroom would be perfect!!!!
The reason I want a loud sounder is I do have have some on point neighbours who may also hear it going off and come to look if I’m out.
I’ve spoken to my supplier briefly and they reckon integration is apparently possible, need an additional relay I believe.
Are these systems susceptible to jamming? If so can it be configured to sound in that instance?
Funny you mention that - I was trying out a wireless microphone the other day ready to fit in a local church, and the AX Pro started sending me notification warnings of jamming attempts - so there must have been something going on with the frequencies that it didn't like. I don't recall it being able to alarm, but it does send notifications (as I've found out) if there's anything unusual going on around its frequencies.

Funny you mention that - I was trying out a wireless microphone the other day ready to fit in a local church, and the AX Pro started sending me notification warnings of jamming attempts - so there must have been something going on with the frequencies that it didn't like. I don't recall it being able to alarm, but it does send notifications (as I've found out) if there's anything unusual going on around its frequencies.
To be fair a notification is still better than nothing. Good to know it also works by the sound of it. Have they produced outdoor wireless sensors yet?
Been looking at the Ajax too and see they have sensors I could almost hide in the fence, which I have to say for a rural instance my like mine is very useful.

Upon looking at the spec for the master blaster it mentions having a control panel alarm system. Would that mean it’s not possible to integrate the sounder?
The master blasters are 230V permanent supply with a 12V DC trigger. Usually this would wire between +12V and 0V Trigger on the external sounder connections of a "traditional" alarm panel. I've not used Ajax or AX Pro - I'm a bit set in my ways as I started installing alarms back in the 80's and I prefer to use established brands; that and I just don't like the look of the hub based systems. You could connect the master blaster to any control panel so long as it has a programmable output that can be set to provide the 0V trigger on alarm activation.

New to the forum and happy with my AX-Pro. Sorry for resurrecting and old thread, but I'd like to know how to configure the sounder to beep on arm. And does anyone know if you can have the "chime" from detectors/pir sound over the sounders?

New to the forum and happy with my AX-Pro. Sorry for resurrecting and old thread, but I'd like to know how to configure the sounder to beep on arm. And does anyone know if you can have the "chime" from detectors/pir sound over the sounders?

I went to get a couple of screen shots tonight - and did get them in the end - but seems like it's a bit buggy.

When I looked in my Hik-connect app - the bell box wasn't in my device list whether the unit was armed or disarmed.

When I then went over to my Hik-proconnect app (Now called Hik-partner pro) - the bell box was there in my device list when it was armed (but couldn't change any settings) - so I disarmed it through Hik-connect - and then the bell box disappeared from the device list in Hik-proconnect!

Back to the regular hik-connect app - still no bell box whether armed or disarmed.

I then tried restarting the HIk-proconnect app when the system was disarmed - and the bell box appeared again. I could then get the screenshots below - but if for any reason you can't see your bell-box - there might be a bug there that needs addressing.

So the only way I could see it was in the hik-proconnect app when the system was disarmed, and the app restarted. Quite a faff.

So this is where it is and how you do it:

Go to the settings of your bell box to turn on/off the chime on arming/disarming - start at 'device list' with the alarm fully disarmed:

IMG_1041.PNG

Then once selected hi the little dot thing in the top right hand corner:

IMG_1042.PNG

And then once in to the final menu you'll see the option to turn on/off the LED and/or buzzer depending on what combination you want. (They call it buzzer but it's a beep)

IMG_1043.jpg

Back