01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Brand new DS-2CD1T47G2H-LIU(F) camera - human and vehicle detection not working, camera records motion all the time

Mihael

Hello guys! After reading this forum for hours, I still can't find a solution to my problem.

The technician just installed 2 cameras Hikvision DS-2CD1T47G2H-LIU(F) - ColorVu with Smart Hybrid Light Fixed Bullet Network Camera. They are all powered via POE and connected to the Internet. I don't have a recorder or anything like that. There is a 128 GB Micro SD Card inside of them. I use the Hik Connect app on my iPhone to check the recordings.

I connected to the cameras using the IP address (found by the SADP Tool). I also used the iVMS 4200 for Mac to connect to the cameras. The connection using both methods was fine (the iVMS didn't have some options like human or vehicle tracking), and the cameras are working and recording fine.

BUT, they record everything, or almost everything. I mean it is a bit windy these days here, but again, shouldn't they at least mark "human" on the Hik Connect phone app? The cheapest cameras from Shaomi can do that. The sensitivity is set to 20, and I can't go less (unless I hit 0).

Sending screenshots from the browser. Let's ignore the fact that I can't see the image from the camera, that's why I couldn't find a way to install that plugin on my mac.

Please help. I just want to be able to easily see if a human was walking near and I don't want to check each minute of the entire night to do so. On other cameras, there is a different color for when a human is detected. I hope you can help me. Thank you guys. Appreciate every clue or a tip.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 01.28.45.png
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 01.28.57.png
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 01.29.04.png
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 01.29.28.png
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 01.28.51.png

Hi @Mihael

Can you please confirm the current firmware version that the camera is using and the 'Firmware Version Property' of the camera? (both of these can be found by going to Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information)

Hello Dan. Thank you for your fast response.
Is that the one visible on the image above? V5.7.13. build 230815

And just for the context: I read some other posts, and some guys have Smart events. I don't have these. I guess the camera doesn't support them. I just have Basic event as shown in the images above.

Thanks @Mihael

Apologies, I completely missed that screenshot.

Try updating the camera to the latest firmware - 5.8.0_231108

Yes, your model is an entry-level 1-series camera so only supports Basic Motion Detection. We often say that Motion Detection is a bit of a blunt tool and that you can adjust it a bit but it will always be more prone to false triggers/detection than more advanced Smart Events like Line Crossing & Intrusion Detection.

You might be able to reduce the false motion triggers by reducing the detection area (the red grid) to just cover the areas of the scene where humans are most likely to be.

Alright, thanks. My biggest concern is that the human is not marked differently in the Hikk Connect phone app. It's all red at the moment.
Is that something possible to change?

Or is there any other app that can be used for viewing the recordings?

Hi @Mihael

We've never been hands-on with these entry-level 1-series cameras but as far as we are aware, the ability to mark 'Human' & 'Vehicle' event triggers is only supported by higher spec NVR models and not on cameras recording to MicroSD cards.

Got it. Thanks. Can we connect our cameras to an NVR and possibly then have an ability to mark humans?

Possibly, but as I said above, we've never worked with these 1-series cameras before so we don't know if this feature is supported even if connected to an NVR.

You'd probably be best off contacting/emailing the supplier you plan to source the NVR from and see if they can confirm with Hikvision support whether this is possible or not.

Back