01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bricked DS-2CD2155FWD-I and TFTP server won't work

Hikkie

I have two bricked Hikvision DS-2CD2155FW-I.
I wanted to update to the latest firmware and amidst the update through the web GUI, the webpage shut down.
On both camera's. First I thought I had downloaded the wrong firmware, but that's not it.
(Downloaded the firmware from this link, I have reformatted the link text for visual purpose on the board here, Hikvison download portal)

So looked for an unbricking tutorial. TFTP server. Tried with several older firmwares, I get always the same error "resend required" in a loop until TFTP server gives it up.

This is what I get:
> TFTP server (192.0.0.128) initialized
> Device (192.0.0.64) test tftp-server
> Connect client success (192.0.0.64) Succes
> Start file transmitting ... digicap.dav
> Resend required
> Resend required
> Resend required
> Resend required

So the strange thing is that every message is mentioned 4 times, despite only being 1 camera connected).
The "resend required" gives up after a few minutes.
Since there is no finalisation, I don't see the camera's in SADP tool, and they are not online.
I've tried every possible combination for like a million times already.

Of course I contacted my European supplier where I bought the original Hikvision camera's, but he could not help me.
Since the camera's are older than 2 years, no more warranty.

I have two bricked Hikvision DS-2CD2155FW-I.
I wanted to update to the latest firmware and amidst the update through the web GUI, the webpage shut down.
On both camera's. First I thought I had downloaded the wrong firmware, but that's not it.
(Downloaded the firmware from this link, I have reformatted the link text for visual purpose on the board here, Hikvison download portal)

So looked for an unbricking tutorial. TFTP server. Tried with several older firmwares, I get always the same error "resend required" in a loop until TFTP server gives it up.

This is what I get:
> TFTP server (192.0.0.128) initialized
> Device (192.0.0.64) test tftp-server
> Resend required
> Resend required
> Resend required
> Resend required

So the strange thing is that every message is mentioned 4 times, despite only being 1 camera connected).
The "resend required" gives up after a few minutes.
Since there is no finalisation, I don't see the camera's in SADP tool, and they are not online.
I've tried every possible combination for like a million times already.

Of course I contacted my European supplier where I bought the original Hikvision camera's, but he could not help me.
Since the camera's are older than 2 years, no more warranty.
On the tftp server settings are there any retry or timeout settings you can increase?

Upvote 0
There are no options on the Hikvision TFTP Server.
I do see it is version 1.0 from 2007 (!)
Luckily it still works on Windows 10.

Upvote 0
There are no options on the Hikvision TFTP Server.
I do see it is version 1.0 from 2007 (!)
Luckily it still works on Windows 10.
you could try Solarwinds TFTP server and set the retry and timeout to max. The tftp server root directory may need to be the same as the Hikvision tftp server. I would also monitor the tftp protocol with Wireshark to see what the Hikvision tftp server is doing.

Upvote 0
Back