01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can’t access my nvr, it shows as insecure on browser?

IanW

Hi I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction, I have a DS-7608NI-K2/8P nvr using firmware
versio 4.71.005 build 220524. When I try to access from a browser I get a site not secure message and I am unable to progress any further, also I have not been able to find any way to add a self certification certificate in the gui of the nvr
many thanks

Which browser?
From a PC?
Windows 10?
Is the PC connected by cable to the network? (not wireless)
On the same local network?

Hi Phil thanks for the reply, I’m running Windows 11 on laptop connected by cable

I have tried edge, internet explorer within edge, chrome and brave all with the same result. A friend advised me to do a self certification certificate but I can’t see any way to do that in my version of the firmware.
Ian

Hi @IanW

Can you send a screenshot of the page you get to that says the site isn't secure please in Edge or Chrome, please?

Hi Kyle please find attached the screen shots as requeste.
Kind regards
Ian
4C59A024-403A-4FBB-BE61-EA573A4FFF86.jpeg
560C6FEC-5ED8-46F5-915B-EA918A0B5F79.jpeg

Thanks :) it looks like the IP address of your NVR has changed rather than it being a security issue.

On your NVR, go to Configuration>Network>General>TCP/IP.
Try the IP ("IPv4") address shown here if it's different.

If this doesn't work, turn on the DHCP toggle and click apply, which should automatically assign a working IP address and set the other network settings properly, then try the new IP address.

Hi Kyle no joy I’m afraid still the same not secure response. Nvr shows in sadp with previous IPV 4, these problems have started since I updated the firmware and now I wish I hadn’t bothered.
Ian

Can you share a screenshot of SADP too, and also of the "ipconfig" results in command prompt, please?

How to get the ipconfig results is explained here:

I've upgraded our DS-7608NI-K2/8P to that same firmware and can still connect to it in a web browser, so I think that it's more likely that something has changed in the network settings.

Good evening Kyle ipconfig and sad shots are attached as requested, just one other thing is that I can add the nvr to ivms 4200 it does show as online but the cameras are not shown.
I would also like to add how much I appreciate your help.
Kind Regards
Ian
B06258AC-C904-4F1F-9542-0D600BC6F171.jpeg
97DB520D-73BA-4883-BB06-BBE80F6722FF.jpeg

Thanks - can you try the following and let me know if it works please?
  1. Tick the box for your NVR in the first column of SADP
  2. In the right-hand flyout, tick Enable DHCP at the top, enter your password at the bottom and click Modify, you should get a message to confirm that the changes were successful.
  3. Click Refresh at the top of SADP.
  4. The IP address should change for your NVR, double click on this in the IPv4 Address column, which should automatically browse for the NVR in your browser and let you log in again.

Just thought I took the shot of the ipconfig while on wireless so heres one using Ethernet sorry about that
Ian
Thanks - can you try the following and let me know if it works please?
  1. Tick the box for your NVR in the first column of SADP
  2. In the right-hand flyout, tick Enable DHCP at the top, enter your password at the bottom and click Modify, you should get a message to confirm that the changes were successful.
  3. Click Refresh at the top of SADP.
  4. The IP address should change for your NVR, double click on this in the IPv4 Address column, which should automatically browse for the NVR in your browser and let you log in again.
Good afternoon still no joy I’m afraid it just comes up as insecure in browser
Ian

No worries, Wi-Fi/ethernet connection shouldn't normally make a difference to the ipconfig results.
I can't see the new screenshot though, to be sure, can you please reattach it?

What's the new IP address of the NVR, please?

If you click "more information" on the insecure page in the browser, does it allow you to continue to the page anyway?

The new ip is 192.168.1.125 and when I click more information there isn’t an option
A319A527-A0C5-42A0-A9BE-129A240338AD.jpeg
to go further and the circle of dots just goes round and round

Thanks, any luck if you press Ctrl+F5 when trying to connect to 192.168.1.125?

Are your browsers up to date?
To check this in Edge: Settings(...)>About Microsoft Edge
In Chrome: (...)>Settings>About Chrome

If that doesn't work then it may well be the firmware - if you download the Batch Configuration Tool you should be able to install the earlier version again and try again with that.

I'd try this version first - V4.71.005 build 220712

Thanks, any luck if you press Ctrl+F5 when trying to connect to 192.168.1.125?

Are your browsers up to date?
To check this in Edge: Settings(...)>About Microsoft Edge
In Chrome: (...)>Settings>About Chrome

If that doesn't work then it may well be the firmware - if you download the Batch Configuration Tool you should be able to install the earlier version again and try again with that.

I'd try this version first - V4.71.005 build 220712
Hi Kyle just arrived at work will try it later
Ian

Hi Kyle just arrived at work will try it later
Ian
Hi Kyle still no luck Ctrl didn’t work and both edge and chrome are up to date. I think you’re right probably best to revert to an older version do you have any suggestion as to a particular one to try. Can it be done on the NVR as I’ve never used the batch configuration tool.
Kind regards
Ian

Hi Kyle still no luck Ctrl didn’t work and both edge and chrome are up to date. I think you’re right probably best to revert to an older version do you have any suggestion as to a particular one to try. Can it be done on the NVR as I’ve never used the batch configuration tool.
Kind regards
Ian

Is this a system warning?
At the image in Post #7 - in Chrome, when you click Learn More, what are you told?

I assume the notifications are not from any anti-virus / firewall software that you have added.

I guess that the latest browsers on Windows 11 are enforcing a strict https access to websites only policy.
If you fix your devices IP address, then in the browser's settings I would expect you to be able to tell the browser to 'trust this site' or similar ...

Back