01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Cannot install new firmware to my Hikvision ds-7116hghi-f1 DVR?

nadhim

Hello everyone,
hikvision ds-7116hghi-f1 is running with firmware V3.4.891_Build_190121,
however, i have found there are new firmware V4.30.120_200630, but cannot install it, it says firmware mismatch.
it should be compatible with this model because it's mentioned in xlsx file with download link:

hk.png

any idea?

Hi @nadhim

The version you are currently running seems to be quite a key & complicated firmware and I think you may be required to update to the version before this latest v4.30.120 first.

If you look at the folder for v4.30.110 you will see that there are multiple versions and a rather complicated firmware mapping table that I am struggling to understand with my limited experience of analog DVRs.

Upvote 0
Hi @nadhim

Sorry you are having so much trouble with this, We work with Hikvision's network firmware regularly and that is confusing enough but their analog firmware is a whole other level of confusion that we are struggling to make any sense of.

I can only think that either your DVR has been updated to an incorrect firmware in the past that has confused it now that your trying to update further, or your model is a very specific model that is not actually covered by this current firmware family. Honestly, I really can't understand why this firmware is not working.

We would recommend contacting the seller you purchased the DVR from and/or Hikvision support in your region.

Upvote 0
hi @Dan
I've got a reply from hikvision support via email, with a special link for firmware, which is exactly same filename &checksum matched in this link:
however, you can see the firmware and docx, it doesn't mention about my device model.
also they said about the updating has the risk and could fail,
should i update it?
Thanks,
ps: i have usb-ttl cp2102, is it useful tool to debrick dvr later?

Upvote 0
Hi @nadhim

As explained before, our knowledge of analog DVR firmware is quite limited so if Hikvision support is recommending this firmware I would give it a go.

If it is not compatible you will simply get a firmware mismatch and it won't install.

Upvote 0
Back