01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connecting netHDD issues?

tannaroo

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1 fixed turret which is working fine through the web portal.

I also have a NAS running through openmediavault with a dedicated HDD set up both as a NFS share and SMB/CIFS share. I can access the share folder through SMB/CIFS on a windows machine.

However, when I setup through netHDD for the life of me, I just can not get either NFS or SMB/CIFS to successfully test.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? IMG_20240517_083745.jpgIMG_20240517_083751.jpg

IIRC there's a Hikvision document attached somewhere in the forum regarding recording to NAS / setting-up and mounting drives that may help you with this.
(sorry, too busy to hunt it down myself right now)

IIRC there's a Hikvision document attached somewhere in the forum regarding recording to NAS / setting-up and mounting drives that may help you with this.
(sorry, too busy to hunt it down myself right now)

I have the Hikvision user manual and have followed it to set it up but I still can't get it to work, hence why I thought maybe it is how I am writing the filepath of the NAS etc?

This is the old thread that came to mind:

Thanks for the replies Phil. I am making progress but not quite there.
I have managed to set up 2 storage devices - one is the local SD card and the other is the NAS HDD. Both are showing as normal, initialized and recording.

I have also downloaded the local plugin which allows to view playback with red line events - I presume this is accessing SD card ?

If so, I am trying to also have these video files recorded to my NAS HDD and at the moment it is not recording the red line events (above) to my NAS HDD.

My setup is basic event -> enable motion detection, dynamic analysis, linkage method -> notify surveillance center, trigger recoding -> A1 (though I don't know what A1 means).

My record schedule is set to 'continuous' but has purple bars (event). I did use the drop down menu to 'Event' but it keeps reverting back to Continous.

Really, what I would like is to record my events to my NAS HDD, so that I can view the videos - not sure if its possible to have 2 recordsing happening (i.e. one to SD and one to HDD)?

Back