01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Day/night settings on a HDTVi (HD analogue) camera (DS-2CE72UF3T-E)?

Supermanvs

Hi, I’ve recently had Hikvision ColorVu installed (DS-2CE72UF3T-E) and for some reason I can’t click the day/switch meaning the LED light is on all night. Can someone help please!!! Thanks
E6C99537-FB84-4F9A-87AE-81A86337951C.jpeg

Attachments

• C5E34856-FB3F-4C77-BB48-EE090D5CC3B4.jpeg
    C5E34856-FB3F-4C77-BB48-EE090D5CC3B4.jpeg
    10.7 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Day / Night is greyed out as that usually controls the infra red lights. Your camera model doesn't have infra red - but a mini white LED light. As this isn't a camera I've used - I'll have to let the experts guide you as to whether it's customisable. (I believe it is - and it's in a different menu) The camera model you've listed doesn't look quite right to me though. You might want to check it - that looks more like a network video recorder part number. (Again happy to be corrected by the experts tomorrow)

Ok that'll be helpful to those that know the camera better than I do. You do realise that when the light goes off though, if it's pretty dark - the camera will see mostly nothing. It's currently set to come on automatically when the light falls, so that it can illuminate the area directly in front of the camera allowing a decent picture to be captured (the area you are no doubt recording). Is there enough ambient light from other light sources to be able to see without the camera white light being on? If so - I'm sure there will be a way to turn it off.

The ColorVu settings can be altered on the camera directly in its web menu if you have virtual host enabled. What is the exposure currently set at? Setting a longer exposure time will allow it to work in lower light without the LED, however I wouldn't go longer than 1/50 sec otherwise you'll introduce motion blur. Usually if there's enough ambient light the LED won't come on at all.

Last edited:
Ok that'll be helpful to those that know the camera better than I do. You do realise that when the light goes off though, if it's pretty dark - the camera will see mostly nothing. It's currently set to come on automatically when the light falls, so that it can illuminate the area directly in front of the camera allowing a decent picture to be captured (the area you are no doubt recording). Is there enough ambient light from other light sources to be able to see without the camera white light being on? If so - I'm sure there will be a way to turn it off.
ahh there's no ambient light but a motion sensor flood light which I was hoping if that was triggered then the camera can put it's own light on? Don't know if that's possible?

The ColorVu settings can be altered on the camera directly in its web menu if you have virtual host enabled. What is the exposure currently set at? Setting a longer exposure time will allow it to work in lower light without the LED, however I wouldn't go longer than 1/50 sec otherwise you'll introduce motion blur. Usually if there's enough ambient light the LED won't come on at all.
Ahh thanks I'll try this to see if this helps.

Hi, it won
Hi, it won’t let me change the exposure settings - see photo

Attachments

• 8BD6A2F2-5B76-414C-B5FB-5DD5484863EF.jpeg
    8BD6A2F2-5B76-414C-B5FB-5DD5484863EF.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 140
Hi, it won

Hi, it won’t let me change the exposure settings - see photo
Ahhh apologies I've just re read your original comment:
Hikvision ColorVu installed (DS-2CE72UF3T-E)
That's a HDTVi camera (HD analogue) not an IP camera. On the DVR live screen:
  1. Right click and select the PTZ icon
  2. In the panel on the right of the screen, click the 'iris open' icon to reveal the camera menu on screen
Navigate that menu by clicking the 'tilt down' arrow and 'iris open' to make a selection. The right/left arrows allow you to switch between options. When complete, highlight the 'Back' button and use 'iris open' until you get back to the first screen. Select 'save and exit' to clear the menu.

HDTVi cameras have very few options and I rarely change anything other than switch the resolution. I'm not a fan and prefer to always use IP (pardon the pun!)

Edit: You could adjust the Day to Night slider - that will likely delay the LED coming on until it is darker.

Last edited:
ahh there's no ambient light but a motion sensor flood light which I was hoping if that was triggered then the camera can put it's own light on? Don't know if that's possible?
From my knowledge - I believe the options are either 'off - on - or auto' - So on all the time, off all the time, or on when it gets dark and off when it gets light. I don't think there's the option to have it come on when it detects movement. You'd likely need a different camera model for that - either one with IR built in for use in the dark hours - or one with a web interface (IP - POE) that allows you to go in and schedule the activation times or trigger the light as an alarm when movement is detected. (I've got a POE IP unit fitted at a local church on the top of a mountain that does nothing all day - but after 7pm shouts a warning and flashes its light on 'intruder' detection - so it is customisable on certain cameras).

Back