01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Disable Acusense flashing light and audio via one key disarm or API

ctaylor

I've been able to successfully stop outgoing notifications from my NVR using one key disarm :)

The acusense camera however continues to flash and sound in the event of an event - Fair enough, one key disarms stops notifications, not the event from happening.

I am aware you can turn those features off it off by logging into the camera or by a schedule. Is there any way to disable the flashing light and audio, perhaps through the Hikvision web API?

I've been able to successfully stop outgoing notifications from my NVR using one key disarm :)

The acusense camera however continues to flash and sound in the event of an event - Fair enough, one key disarms stops notifications, not the event from happening.

I am aware you can turn those features off it off by logging into the camera or by a schedule. Is there any way to disable the flashing light and audio, perhaps through the Hikvision web API?

If you login to the camera using a browser you can go to the event settings and the linkage method tab where you can disable flashing alarm and audible alarm for the events you have enabled whilst still keeping your email or push notifications enabled.

Thanks Dan.

Just a clarification on the question.

Essentially, I want to change the linkage method on the camera when the NVR system is armed and not armed.

When armed, flashing and audible on - notifications on
When disarmed, flashing and audible off - notifications off

But i'd like to do this in a way that doesn't use the web browser. Hence why I'm looking at the API. As I could create a script that looked at the NVR's armed/disarmed state and then trigger the camera to enable/disable flashing & audible.

Thanks Dan.

Just a clarification on the question.

Essentially, I want to change the linkage method on the camera when the NVR system is armed and not armed.

When armed, flashing and audible on - notifications on
When disarmed, flashing and audible off - notifications off

But i'd like to do this in a way that doesn't use the web browser. Hence why I'm looking at the API. As I could create a script that looked at the NVR's armed/disarmed state and then trigger the camera to enable/disable flashing & audible.

Yes, you could do it through the cameras API but Hikvision don't usually make their APIs public so you may need to contact the supplier you bought from and see if they can get Hikvision technical support to provide you with the API, they may even have a solution that doesn't require you to edit the API.

Hi
Did you ever manage to come to a solution for this?
Im after the same thing but only managed to find one way to do it which is, using DDNS and remote configuration from the HikConnect app to turn of smart events but its a little long winded.

I think there was a Camera firmware update meant to address this as the strobe and audio warning was a newer feature. Check the Camera release notes for V5.5.150 or above for mention of this.
I've a turret with this feature and it's integrated into my alarm system with one key disarm. The intrusion detection is enabled 24 hours and I don't get any warnings, alerts, flashing or audio warnings when I go into the shed and my alarm is switched off. My camera is on V5.5.150. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I did this today, found out yesterday. Even the tech service dept of were I brought the cameras from didn’t even know it had been added lol.
For anytime else, I don’t know if it works on smart events i haven’t tried yet, def works on motion detection though. It’s really simple, just a wire going from terminal 1 to ground with a simple switch in it, I used a normal light switch.

I was using a light switch too but got "upgraded" to a relay in my alarm system last month finally!! I use the smart events so they work fine with this too.

Back