01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2cd2387g2-lu on firmware V5.7.15 - is someone able to advise whether the light linkage on motion exists or has been removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maionline

I understand this camera [DS-2cd2387g2-lu] is now on firmware V5.7.15 is someone able to advise whether the light linkage on motion is in this firmware or has it been removed?

Solution
I understand this camera is now on 5.7.15 is someone able to advise whether the light linkage on motion is in this firmware or has it been removed?
Yes, just checked. ‘White Light’ is available as an alarm linkage action in 5.7.15 but only for the LU model. On the LSU/SL models it’s restricted to using the additional ’Flashing Light’
I understand this camera is now on 5.7.15 is someone able to advise whether the light linkage on motion is in this firmware or has it been removed?
Yes, just checked. ‘White Light’ is available as an alarm linkage action in 5.7.15 but only for the LU model. On the LSU/SL models it’s restricted to using the additional ’Flashing Light’

Upvote 1
Solution
Ok many thanks. I currently have the LU models. Just to confirm this is what I currently have under basic and smart events. Are yours the same on 5.7.15?

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9693.jpeg
    IMG_9693.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
I upgraded my DS-2CD2387G2-LU Colorvu camera to V5.7.17_240606 a while back and I now realized the white light linkage option is nowhere to be found in the revised looking camera interface. It still seems to behave as before with the white light being triggered but I have no way of changing it now.

I see I still have the previous V5.7.14 firmware on my computer, is it usually safe to downgrade firmware? (not looking for 100% guarantees...)

Upvote 0
I upgraded my DS-2CD2387G2-LU Colorvu camera to V5.7.17_240606 a while back and I now realized the white light linkage option is no where to be found in the revised looking camera interface. It still seems to behave as before with the white light being triggered but I have no way of changing it now.

I see I still have the previous V5.7.14 firmware on my computer, is it usually safe to downgrade firmware? (not looking for 100% guarantees...)
It’s where it was previously in the alarm event linkage actions. It’s just been renamed to ‘Supplement Light’

There should be no issue downgrading if needed.

Upvote 0
Oh thanks..!

I realize now that not only it has been renamed to "supplement light" but also that the smart event configuration now is situated under VCA -> Smart event where both Intrusion detection, Line Crossing & Region entrance/exiting can be configured and arming schedule set with "Supplement Light" as before. Seems like it is all there but re-arranged!

Upvote 0
Oh thanks..!

I realize now that not only it has been renamed to "supplement light" but also that the smart event configuration now is situated under VCA -> Smart event where both Intrusion detection, Line Crossing & Region entrance/exiting can be configured and arming schedule set with "Supplement Light" as before. Seems like it is all there but re-arranged!
Yeah I'm not a fan of the new layout. I don't think it adds anything (other than confusion!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back