01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL(4mm)(C) and Light Linkage

davenel

Hello

I have seen a couple posts revolving the White Light Linkage and it's disappearance, but all different models than my own camera. ALL this is very new to me and there seems to be such an ocean of models and functionality... so I thought I'd re ask the question specifically for my equipment.

I have 4 DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL, connected via a DS-7608NI-M2/8P

I selected this camera knowing that it used a white light to achieve the night Color Vue, but, thought understood that I could leave the camera in IR mode and use an event (such as motion detected) to trigger using a Linkage Method to activate the white light and achieve the Color Vue image.

Reading a few articles here, but regarding different models, it would appear that this feature has been removed.

I reached to Hikvision support but have had no response in over a week.

Is this correct, is it in fact removed (I think yes) ?
Is there any insight into IF this will be restored ?
Is Hikvision typically responsive to user feedback? If so, is there a link where I can voice my desire to have this feature returned?

Again, thanks in advance

Hi @davenel

The DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL you have has never supported Hybrid Light (e.g. both IR & White Light LEDs), this model has always been just a ColorVu model that only supports White Light LEDs for achieving a colour image at night (it does not support an IR/Black & White image).

Currently, there are no Panoramic Hybrid Light models.

Back