01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS crashed after update to Firmware_V5.6.11_210129 from V5.6.10 build 220924

IVAN G

I have just bought this and updated when I got it and all of a sudden it crashed and constantly reboots it stays live for about 20-30 seconds then crashes and all I can do is get into maintenance and there is nothing in it then crashes again. Any help would be grateful

Attachments

• hik anpr.jpg
    hik anpr.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 12
Thanks,

I think you may have installed the wrong firmware, unfortunately, the ANPR models and which firmware versions they use are much more complicated than other standard Hikvision cameras.

The V5.6.10_Build 220924 you were originally on was first released in September 2022 (build number is the release date in the Chinese format [YY/MM/DD]) and the V5.6.11 firmware you updated to was older having been released in January 2021.

There is different firmware for the ANPR cameras depending on the region the camera is from and when you look at the UK Download Portal you will see that V5.6.10_220924 is the latest firmware available, and if you look at the EU Download Portal you will see the V5.6.11 firmware but you also see that the previous V5.6.10 firmware is a completely different build number (191023) to the UK firmware.

Maybe try hard resetting the camera to see if it will stabilise long enough for you to re-install the V5.6.10 firmware

Try the Batch Configuration Tool to do the upgrade (add your camera to the device list, and select it, and then use the Upgrade button at the top of the tool).

It's normally quicker than logging into the camera and doing it - make sure you're uploading the 'digicap.dav' file too.

Do you mean it is not showing on the online devices list at the bottom?
You'll probably need to click the arrow button shown below to pull this up:

Hikvision batch configuration tool online devices.png

If not, make sure you are not running any VPN software, any firewall and antivirus software is not blocking Batch Config from running properly, and that you are using a PC connected to the same local network as the camera.

Hardwiring the PC to the router via ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi might help too.

I have everything going through a NVR and the crash time has sped up

Attachments

• BATCH 1.jpg
    BATCH 1.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BATCH.jpg
    BATCH.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 4
Do you have a separate POE switch that you can connect the camera to?
If you do, connect the ANPR camera to that, as the Batch Configuration tool will then be able to find it for you to try and load the original firmware back on to it.

Back