01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7716NI-SP DVR Firmware Upgrade

Podro

Hi,

I have a DS-7716NI-SP running 9 HikVision cameras all accessed through the old HiDDNS DDNS service and accessed through the iVMS 4500 app on iOS. I would like to upgrade the firmware and move over to the Hik-Connect service.

I can't seem to locate an upgraded firmware for my device, it appears discontinued and to be a US model(?).

I am currently running V3.4.1 build 151225.

I have located V3.4.5 firmware, but I'm not sure whether this will give me Hik-Connect as an option on the NVR.

Question - am I able to use a more up to date firmware for the K series replacement device?

Is there an alternative way to move my device onto Hik-Connect?

Many thanks,
Paul.

Question - am I able to use a more up to date firmware for the K series replacement device?
Sorry, no, you can only use firmware intended for your NVR.

You would need to get it onto the latest firmware and then test whether you are able to add it.
e.g. create an account at their www.hik-connect.com portal, enter your NVR's nine-digit serial number, see if the portal accepts it, if you are then able to get it to connect, enable it to be online.

Thank you for the reply Phil.

I have a Hik-Connect account and can use that service within my home on wi-fi, connecting via the device IP address. However, if I try to access the device via the serial number it will not accept it.

HikVision have suggested a firmware upgrade, but as yet have not confirmed whether that will give me a drop down option for Hik-Connect (as opposed to HiDDNS) through the DDNS settings in the configuration menu.

It's not looking promising, but I may try the firmware update to be sure.

Thank you for the reply Phil.

I have a Hik-Connect account and can use that service within my home on wi-fi, connecting via the device IP address. However, if I try to access the device via the serial number it will not accept it.

HikVision have suggested a firmware upgrade, but as yet have not confirmed whether that will give me a drop down option for Hik-Connect (as opposed to HiDDNS) through the DDNS settings in the configuration menu.

It's not looking promising, but I may try the firmware update to be sure.
Hello, did you solve the problem? I have the same NVR and I have exactly the same problem. I am currently running V3.4.5 build 170518.
Regards,
Pedro

Back