01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS7604NI-K1-4P NVR Firmware update (via the App) stuck!

09RLHR

Hi

I have 4 colorvu ip camera and NVR (DS-7604NI-K1-4P). I am not very tech savy so only use my ios app. In settings, I notice my firmware wasn't the latest and it gave me the option to update which i did. It went up to 50% very quickly but has been stuck there since - probably a couple of hours. What should I do?

Hi @09RLHR

Have you closed/reopened the app? Does the update progress go away after you reopen the app?

If it does reopen as normal then I would recommend that you update the NVR and camera firmware via a PC browser, iVMS-4200 software, or direct monitor connected to the NVR, the auto-update features like the one you tried in the app rarely work properly.

Is your NVR a DS-7604NI-K1/4P or a DS7604NI-K1/4P(B)? The latest firmware for the non-(B) model is v3.4.103 and the latest version for the (B) model is v4.30.085

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have opened and closed the app and also looked at my wife's phone and both show the update stuck at 50%.

The installer didn't set me up on the PC - said it was more hassle than it is worth. I did manage to get to the login screen using the IP address (which I found by logging into my router) but all usernames and passwords that I set up during the setup process don't seem to work. The NVR is DS-7604NI-K1/4P. In the update page (where it shows 50%) it says "Current Version: V4.31.102 build 210626 so doesn't correspond to either version you mention above?

Hi @09RLHR

Can you please send a screenshot of the 50% update page you are seeing in the app?

DAD55A43-EE8B-41E1-86ED-0E3E0E8539EE EDIT.png

Ok, this is very strange. I've never seen NVR firmware updated from the app before and I have never seen that firmware version in relation to a 7604NI-K1 NVR.

I would recommend that you power down the NVR using the power switch on the rear, leave it for about a minute, and then power it back on and see if you regain access.

If that does work then I would just leave any firmware update, the version you are running is newer than any version I have seen for a 4-channel K-series NVR and so I don't think there will actually be a newer firmware available.

Thank you so much.

And do you know what my login should be to access the NVR from a web browser?

When I had the installation, the first login we set up was the HIK Vision account (so email address and a password). Then, during the installation, a further 2 passwords were set up, one was the "encryption" password and one was for the box login. In the app, it seems to show another username which seems random and I didn't set up. I've tried all combinations of these but cannot get in.

Hi @09RLHR

the login will have been a password you set up, it may just be that as you had multiple passwords and you have never login in with the browser previously that you have just lost track of the exact correct password.

All you can do is contact the installer and ask them to assist you with a password reset using the SADP Tool.

Thanks - I use a password manager so definitely have all of the password I set up. The password does work to login to my Hik Vision account on their website but it does not work for logging in to the NVR

@09RLHR The username and password you need to access the system via a web browser is not related to your Hikvision HikConnect account. The username will be "admin" (without the quotes) as the default administrator account username cannot be changed. The password is whatever was used to activate the NVR when it was first powered up. If you have not knowingly changed that admin account password then your installer will know what it is (as he will have created it). It will be a minimum of 8 characters including uppercase, lowercase and number characters.

What do you mean by "In the app, it seems to show another username"?

If the username box is showing anything other than 'admin' then you are not trying to login to the admin account and this may be why the passwords are not working.

try - username: admin / password: your NVR login password - in the browser, and make sure to refresh the login page before entering the password.

If that does not work and you absolutely must access the NVR with a browser you will need to try and arrange a password reset.

Ok, this is very strange. I've never seen NVR firmware updated from the app before and I have never seen that firmware version in relation to a 7604NI-K1 NVR.

I would recommend that you power down the NVR using the power switch on the rear, leave it for about a minute, and then power it back on and see if you regain access.

If that does work then I would just leave any firmware update, the version you are running is newer than any version I have seen for a 4-channel K-series NVR and so I don't think there will actually be a newer firmware available.
Could it be the (C) version of this NVR?

On the portal for this one the latest Firmware is V4.30.217 build210204

Yes @mtv

It does look like it may be a (C) model and as I stated above the v4.31.102 firmware appears to be the latest version but is only available from the Hikvision website and not the portal. Hikvision does like to make things impossibly complicated to understand.

The (C) NVR models are not yet available in the UK so we have no hands-on knowledge of these models.

it seems to be on the global website only but not mentioned as the (C) like they did with the (B) model.

And there they provided the new firmware

Firmware_V4.31.102_210626
Applied to:
DS-7604NI-K1/4P(C)

I do agree with you (just like the V5.5.800 firmware, not on the portal, but only on the main website to be found) they are making it hard to find and even worse to understand.

Thanks all - the password worked with "admin" as username. I was trying my email address and also an also the username displayed in ios app!

I tried the firmware for my ds-7604NI-K1/4P, it is the same, failed.
I am trying to make my cameras works for independent internet through the nvr, but not working,
that's why I am seeking the firmware update.

Hi @hik30

What firmware version is your NVR currently running?
What firmware version are you trying to update it to?
Do you have the Hikvision SADP Tool installed on a PC on the same network as the NVR? Can you open SADP and confirm if the NVR is a 7604NI-K1/4P, 7604NI-K1/4P(B), or 7604NI-K1/4P(C)? (if you don't have SADP installed can you just check the label on the bottom of the NVR)

Back