01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with Hikvision ip camera off line.

Ingstyke

Following a recent, brief, power interruption my Hikvision camera is showing off line.
Camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 6mm 4MP WDR Mini Bullet Network Camera, powered from a Netgear poe switch and connected to my network by powerline adapter.
I bought the camera in 2017 from Use-IP, installed it following the instructions supplied and it has worked faultlessly since then. The camera is used to monitor my stable yard, particularly at night.
Installing this camera is the only experience that I have with this device.
I would really appreciate help with restoring the function of the camera, as I do not know where to start. I have run the SADP tool but this does not show the camera.

Please help!!

Thank you.

Hi @Ingstyke

It is not a good sign that the camera is not appearing in SADP.

Can you please try cycling the power on the camera to see if it will reappear in SADP?
Can you also check, when you cycle the power, if the camera's IR LEDs glow red/pink briefly when powering up?

Upvote 0
Hi @Ingstyke

It is not a good sign that the camera is not appearing in SADP.

Can you please try cycling the power on the camera to see if it will reappear in SADP?
Can you also check, when you cycle the power, if the camera's IR LEDs glow red/pink briefly when powering up?
Hi, Dan,
Thank you for your speedy reply
Will do as you ask, but will need to wait until dark!!

Upvote 0
After switching the camera on and off, it now appears in the SADP tool as online and, in the dark, the IR LEDs are visible. What a relief.
Now have to get to grips with enabling IE compatibility mode in Edge. I seem to have a greyed out menu item, as mentioned by others.

Thanks for your help, Dan.

Upvote 0
HI,

I had a turret cam go off-line, not sure why but I was messing around. Am I right that SADP will only find devices on an NVR if the computer is plugged directly into a NVR PoE port?

It's a damn nuisance trying to press reset button on an inaccessable cam. so:

Pull the errant cam N/W cable from the NVR and plug that into the uplink port on spare PoE switch. And another patch lead from a spare PoE port into my Macbook Ethernet port.

Configure Ipv4 on my Mac manually and set IP address as another unused port within range of my network E.G 192.168.178.xx. Set subnet 255.255.255.0 Great. switch comes up on SADP.

Some strange reason the cam didn't show initially in SADP, but given Chinese, I decided to shut down SADP and re load. Voila! Errant cam. So set cam IP and subnet. Tick DHCP. Re-enter original password (if not using NVR default). Back in business.

This only took nearly a day's work :)

Upvote 0
Back