01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect: 2 cams on NVR but only one shows up (pics of settings included)

Kryten22uk

I have an Hikvision NVR with two Hikvision cams attached via a LAN (not direct into back of NVR).
NVR: DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)
RoofCam: DS-2CD2385G1
DoorCam: DS-2CD2142FWD-IS

I set up Hik-Connect, and entered the NVR serial number. The 'RoofCam' shows up fine on live view on the Hik-Connect (android) app, but the 'DoorCam' does not. Both cams display their 'playback' fine in the app. Its just the live view that doesnt work for DoorCam.

Live view work fine for DoorCam on my direct attached TV interface.

All firmware upto date. Have rebooted NVR, and cams. Have deleted and renewed Hik-Connect activation. Have followed the HIK technical help on the 30-tips post, but still no joy (albeit that assumes no activity on HikConnect, whereas I do get one cam showing).

Any ideas?

Here are some Network settings screenshots to see if i missed anything. In each image, on the left is the working RoofCam, in the middle is the DoorCam and the right is the NVR.

The last screenshot shows that I havent 'enabled' Hik-Connect individually on the Cams, only on the NVR. But the NVR should push through both feeds, so just one is odd. If I try to 'enable' the cams individually, the RoofCam works fine but the DoorCam doesnt work.
TCPIP.JPG

Port.JPG

Platform.JPG

Have you manually added all cameras to live view?
Oh, so i assumed that in the live view on the app, that as I had registered the NVR that it would automatically display all relevant cams. Afterall, it provided 4 camera boxes and one contained the working RoofCam.

But seeing as you mentioned manually adding cameras, I tapped the plus sign at the top of the app, and tapped 'online device' which then displayed the ip addresses for my two cams as 'active'. After I tapped on each and entered their login details, they now display as 'completed' and now both show up on my live view.

The original NVR item still wont show the DoorCam despite listing it as an option, but at least now the cams both show up as their own item.

Great!

You'll learn that just because something makes sense doesn't always mean that Hik Connect works that way. It's a quirky app to be sure. Glad you got it worked out.

Oh dear I was too quick to treat this as resolved. So when I manually added my Cams by using the 'online' feature, it just found them on the local (192.168....) LAN, but now I'm outside the network they obviously don't load.
Any other ideas as to why the NVR is only providing the one camera feed?

Out of interest, if you disconnect the RoofCam (power it off) then open the Hik-connect app, does the live view for the DoorCam still not work? Is there an error code?

One test you could try. Enable Platform Access on the DoorCam and register it on the Hik-connect portal (using the same account you used for the NVR) by searching for the serial number. You can have the NVR registered with the cameras connected and have the cameras registered independently.
Once added, close and re-open the Hik-connect app on your mobile device and you should then see both the NVR and the DoorCam listed as separate entries. If so, check if the live view works. This will help narrow down the issue.

Out of interest, if you disconnect the RoofCam (power it off) then open the Hik-connect app, does the live view for the DoorCam still not work? Is there an error code?
I disconnected both cams from the poe port for a while and then plugged DoorCam back in and it worked. RoofCam also worked when back online. So both now work via the NVR registration.
Still cant get the DoorCam to register as 'online' in the 'Platform' section of the web GUI, or to accept as its own device directly onto HIK-Connect.com (RoofCam installed fine) but not necessarily a problem as at least it works (for now!) via the NVR device under HikConnect.

Back