01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Vision connects via mobile app but not via Web Browser?

Sunnydays

Hi,

Don't know if this is a simple fix, but I am able to connect remotely to my NVR using the Hik-Vision app. However, when I use a web browser to connect to the NVR, I can successfully log into my account, but when I click the IP address it will not load.

Does anyone know how I fix this? ? A firewall issue?

Hi,
Sorry, not right now.
I spotted the same the other day, when assisting a customer.
Was sure it used to work.
Have raised a query with HikVision UK Tech Support (last week), but no response yet.

Hi,
Just to confirm, you are logging-in at www.hik-connect.com?
Then when you click the IP address link for your NVR nothing happens?

I felt this used to work, and take you to your NVR in a new browser tab, but HikVision Tech Support say:
You will need to do port forwarding for this option to work.

Hi,

Did they give you any more details about this. i reset my entire NVR to factory and started over again.The same thing still happens. I am able to connect via the Iphone app. But if i use the website above, i can log into my account, and see the NVR listed. However, when i click the IP address a new browser window opens but nothing actually loads.

Nothing further, only as per above, Hik Tech Support say that you have to use port forwarding to access from a browser rather than an App & Hik-Connect.

I would strongly recommend not to do any port forwarding on the DVR as I've found out that's VERY insecure.
I tried choosing a random port number, making port forwading on that, then I've activated the alarm on failed logins.
After two days, in the night I suffered several attacks, several invalid logins during the night time, meaning that our IPs are easily accessible to hackers by the HikConnect WEB system... :(
Be very careful doing that (as said above, SSL seems not an option today, as there is no way to download the security cerificate)

Back