01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik zone disarm?

mkerton

Hi, I’m familiar with the one key disarm I/O on the Hik I series 16channel NVR. Updated with latest firmware.

Is it possible to “zone” the disarm?

OK, the scenario. I have a house with some cams. Then I have a 30metre distant workshop, hard-wired with cat6 back to the house NVR (or router). The workshop will be serviced with access point/switch with half dozen cams at that end. So, workshop needs cover separate from the house. Simple request?

Is it possible to isolate the video cover for both “zones”? Or must I put up with arming/disarming the whole rig?

Elegant suggestion/s most appreciated?

Hi @mkerton

We have very little experience with the one-key disarm I/O on the NVR so we were waiting to see if any other users on the forum could give you more experienced information.

From what we have seen in our own demo NVRs and the videos/documents provided by Hikvision it is not possible to create multiple zones for the one-key disarm, the only control you have when configuring the disarm is what linkage actions it disarms.

Probably the only way to create alarm zones would be to use the Hikvision AX Pro Alarm products which can be configured into different areas that can be armed/disarmed separately, see the pages around p35 in the AX Pro User Manual

Upvote 0
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Thanks Dan for your prompt reply.

Yeah, one key disarm is simply a pair of wires from the no1 N/O contacts on the back of the NVR. Useful in a system where all cams are in say a warehouse. Disarm in the morning-arm on the way out, via a keyswitch, or whatever, to close/open those contacts. But, that simplistic scenario rarely fits real-world needs. And who needs 16, or 32 cams in any warehouse that are simply on or off?

Given the quality of the Hik products, it seems to me to be a major oversight not to seriously address the arm/disarm requirement. But we have what we have. Maybe.

I would most appreciate you elaborating on "the only control you have...is what linkage actions it disarms". Is that something that can be done as in, "it's party night, lets turn off all those pesky sirens"? Control is the key. No point in having all those whistles and bells all day and all night.

So far I have ten apps (maybe 11 if we include TFTP tool) that are supposed to be needed to set up/control/monitor Hikvision stuff. It's a nightmare! Although I am beginning to feel a bit more comfortable, but still can't shake off the "hobby" feeling.

Thank you for pointing me towards the AX pro stuff. Maybe another can of worms. But I'll give it a go.

Upvote 0
Hi @mkerton

Apologies, we got our wires crossed when looking at the one-key disarm settings yesterday.

We were looking at the below Linkage Method settings and thought it was allowing you to set what notifications were disabled by the disarm, but looking at it with fresh eyes this morning we realised these are the notifications you can set to trigger when the one-key disarm is used.

Looking at it again this morning, it does not look like there are really any controls/settings to configure the one-key disarm. It is basically either enabled or disabled.

Upvote 0
Back