01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikconnect on TV

neonplanet40

Has anyone used an android device to playback hikvision cameras on their TV? If so, what device do they recommend?

Hi neonplanet40,

Are you planning to run Hik-Connect on the Android device and then mirror that device to the TV?

The simplest way will probably be to use some sort of Android compatible dongle (eg. a Google Chromecast) to do so wirelessly, or to use a micro USB to HDMI cable.

Depending on your TV, apps such as Miracast will let you mirror the device to your TV without a dongle/cable, but this only works with certain Smart TVs that come with a Miracast receiver built in. Here's a database of all the Smart TVs that support Miracast, if you want to check.

Let me know if I've misinterpreted your question.

I was thinking of a standalone android tv box (or similar) that is wired (via hdmi) to the tv nad ethernet to the network. My hope was that I could run Hikconnect through this to the tv? Just like viewing on my tablet or phone?

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

I was thinking of a standalone android tv box (or similar) that is wired (via hdmi) to the tv nad ethernet to the network. My hope was that I could run Hikconnect through this to the tv? Just like viewing on my tablet or phone?

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

I've had success before with a firestick with hik-connect APK side loaded in (loads of tutorials on YouTube on how to load apks onto a firestick)

I assume an android box would be easier as the playstore would be already there for you.

Most Android boxes come with WiFi in-built anyway so no need for an Ethernet connection (although may be quicker with one)

Thank you. Can anyone reccommend a good android box for this task plus kodi to playback my blu-ray remuxes (these are all legal btw, nothing shady here!).

Thank you,

Mark

When testing, I side loaded Hik-Connect onto my nVidia Shield Android TV box (the best, imho) and it works. But I am usually watching my satellite (or cable) TV channel via a Sky box so if I wanted to check my cams while watching that, I had to first switch AV channels, then open up the Hik-Connect app - which is too much like hard work. So I'm hoping that in the near future, a new HDMI-CEC enabled smart TV combined with Chromecast will automatically switch me over from Sky to my camera motion alert or door station cam if I have a visitor.

If your TV supports it, you can also view your live feed in a picture-in-picture window in the corner of your screen which detracts somewhat from Ant & Dec but saves you from switching AV channels.

Back