01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ANPR advice

slim reaper

Hi people, this is my first venture into cctv and would appreciate some advice as I know nowt about the damm things except they take up a lot of time:)
To start I bought just a Ds-2cd726g0/p-izs with v5.6.10 build 190808 firmware and a 12 volt power supply,both purchased from authorised Uk seller . I took it to my Sons to hook into his hikvision setup to test what it was like as I dont yet have an nvr
When I got home I connected camera by network cable to my laptop and powered it with the 12v supply. I then installed and registered SADP tool, IVMS 4200 and hik connect.
When I tried modifying network parameters my password kept being rejected but could modify them by logging in to my Sons account from my home.
It has been suggested I reset my camera but would like to know what this would wipe out , what will the implications in terms of me being able to register it to my own account and any complication with the guarantee.
Many thanks
slim

Reset and begin again.
No affect on warranty.
If you struggle to 'unbind' it from your son's account then your reseller should be able to ask Hikvision Tech Support to do that for you.

Thank you very much Phil, I will have to read up on unbinding as this is all very new to me. Do I unbind before or after resetting?
Edit: and if its not too much to ask, what would be a good match Nvr as I hope to add around 5 additional cameras?
Thanks
slim

Last edited:
Slim, you can unbind camera from HIK-CONNECT account using SADP tool or you can do that using your HIK-CONNECT account.

When you login into your acc, go to manual add, enter device SN ( and be on the same network as your camera), then you will see on which acc is it on and you'll have option at the bottom of the screen to unbind it. You'll only need to have user and pass of the camera.

Reseting camera doesn't unbind device from accounts, and it doesn't matter is it done before or after.

And you one more thing, we are a reseller of hikvision equipement in Croatia. We got notice from HIKVISION that they are done unbiding devices for clients.

Thanks for help so far and have got camera taking reg numbers with the
SADPtool but can't get it to work with any version of 4200 software to show live view.
The time has com to purchase an nvr.
Could someone please advise on a suitable one,hikvision or other that will utiliise the full potential of my camera.
On the hikvision site it recommended 8608 family but they dont seem available in Uk and I dont want to risk buying from sources that invalidate warrenty. so what are the difference between the 7608 i2-8p and k2-8p and is the premium price of the i2 worth the difference?
Thanks for any help
slim

Just quick answer. You need 76/77-I series of NVR to run LPR camera.

Back