01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision app on Samsung tablet?

bline86

I've hooked up a spare Samsung tablet with just the hikvision app on. The idea was to have this as a continuous display.

However every few hours I have to refresh each individual camera. Is there a way to prevent this?

Also my ip cameras take a very long time to refresh if at all.

Thanks

I've hooked up a spare Samsung tablet with just the hikvision app on. The idea was to have this as a continuous display.

However every few hours I have to refresh each individual camera. Is there a way to prevent this?

Also my ip cameras take a very long time to refresh if at all.

Thanks
The cameras or NVR need to be added to the app directly using the local IP addresses, port and username/password. If you’re currently viewing them through your Hik-Connect login they’ll just keep timing out.

Once connected directly to the app (added using IP) if they’re still disconnecting then that is some issue relating to your hardware, network or setup:

1 - Samsung tablet if older may not be up to the task and unable to decode the streams efficiently. View the Fluent/Standard stream rather than Clear/HD stream. In Me > Settings try flipping the switch for ‘Hardware Decoding Preferred’ to the opposite of what is currently set.

2 - WiFi issue. Your WiFi signal may not be good enough at the location of the tablet to support the streaming. That’s not simply signal strength; the speed or quality may not be sufficient.

I have four tablets dotted around the house permanently streaming one or two of the cameras without issue. I make a point of only connecting to the lower resolution sub stream and view a single camera. If you’re wanting to view a multi screen image you may need to setup/use Channel Zero, as the NVR will encode all the selected cameras into a single stream (rather than the tablet needing to decode each individual camera stream) and you can limit the frame rate and bitrate. That said, I have setup wall mount tablets for others that are viewing 4 cameras permanently 24/7 that don’t disconnect.

this is a very detailed and helpful response, I've got it set up to local but on HD and 7 cameras, 2 of which are ip colourvu ones if that makes any difference. Thanks again for your help

this is a very detailed and helpful response, I've got it set up to local but on HD and 7 cameras, 2 of which are ip colourvu ones if that makes nay difference. Thanks again for your help
The tablet (and possibly your WiFi) just won't handle that. If you're viewing 7 cameras in a split screen it's pointless viewing them in HD; they're so small that you don't need the resolution. As a test I just ran my 9 cameras in HD in a 3x3 screen on my iPhone 15 Pro Max....it lasted 3 seconds before Hik-Connect crashed

Thanks for your response and advice, I will reduce them to SD and see if that improves. Thanks again

I've got the same issue on the Hikvision indoor station using the inbuilt HIK connect app. Every 5-10 minutes the video just comes up with a play symbol in the middle. Truly awful system to use the indoor station.

Back