01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision door bell - wrong user name or password!

flycop2000

Hi,
I hope someone give me a clue on how to rectify the above? Just recently every time I try and log into my 6003 Wifi door bell I get the above message. I know the password is correct as I can log in via the SADP tool but I cant using the bell's IP address! I am using "admin" as user name.

I know the password is correct as I can log in via the SADP tool

I'm not sure what you mean by this?
Are you sure that you mean SADP?
SADP just provides a table list view.
From there you can double-click the IP address shown and open your preferred browser, but the login page will be exactly the same as typing the IP address into the browser address page.

I suspect you will need to use SADP's forgot your password routine and contact your reseller to reset it:

Hi,

If I open up the SADP software and put a tick in the box for the camera, I can change the parameters but to save the changes I need to put in the cameras password. If I input the password I have, I get the message that the "parameters, modifications complete". If I put in a random password, I get the error message that its the wrong password.
I double click the Cameras IP address in SADP the browser opens and put in the password I used to save the changes, I get wrong password or user name message!
Is it possible I could have changed the username somehow?
It's a complete mystery to me!:(

Ah, that's weird.
Try typing your password into a text field where you can see and verify all the characters, then copy & paste it to each of SADP and the browser login page and see if you get the same result.

Also, make sure that you are consistent with admin - typically all lower case.

Hi,
I tried your suggestions but same error message.
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening?
Could the firmware be corrupted although I can see the doorbell through the Hikvision App

Is the doorbell IP address correct for your domain range?
i.e. it is on your wireless network?
I guess it must be, otherwise it would not show up in SADP when you check the network from a PC on your network.
Maybe upload a screenshot of what SADP is showing?

Also, please upload a full-page screenshot of the login error page?

Hi, here is the screen shots.
Annotation 2020-01-09 142931.jpg

Annotation 2020-01-09 142930.jpg

I've never seen that Clare Controls screen before?

I had a problem last year with the bell and I was sent an update file with new firmware which was Clarecontrol when I installed it. When I could get into the setup pages, it was just Hikvision under a different name. I looked at the clarecontrol web site and its the same doorbell.

Are you definitely using Internet Explorer as your browser when you attempt to login on that Clare Control screen?
And admin as all lower case?
And even when you paste in your password it fails?

Perhaps you've exceeded six attempts?
I can't recall whether the displayed message then changes.

Hi,
it still fails when I cut and paste. When you exceed 6 attempts, you are logged out for 30 minutes before you can start again.

Internet Explorer browser?
On a Windows 10 PC?
Which is hard wired to the network/router?

Hi,
I am using IE 11 on Win 10 Desktop. I only use IE for Hikvision.
Hard wired to a switch then an Asus Router.

I am running out of straws to clutch at ...
Does the address in the browser's address bar match the IP address shown for the doorbell in SADP?

Could there be any wireless range / connectivity issues from your router to the doorbell?
If you repeatedly refresh SADP is the doorbell ALWAYS in the list?

Hi,
according to my router, the doorbell receives a full 5 bar signal strength. I can still see my doorbell camera on my iPhone and I still get alerts when someone rings the bell.
The doorbell keeps appearing in SADP.
This is a complete mystery to me.

If I delete my doorbell from the App in Hikconnect and then reset it by pressing the side button for 20 seconds until it reboots does it delete everything from the bells memory?
I have tried this several times already but just wondering if there is a more definite way?

I am going to 'sleep on it' and bounce it off @Dan tomorrow (he is off today), he has had a lot more hands-on time with the doorbells than I.

If I delete my doorbell from the App in Hikconnect and then reset it by pressing the side button for 20 seconds until it reboots does it delete everything from the bells memory?
I have tried this several times already but just wondering if there is a more definite way?

According to the doorbell user manual, holding the reset button for 20 seconds should do a full factory reset and you should have to reactivate the device and set a new password.

Hi Dan,
thanks for getting back to me, I will go and try another reset. do you recommend deleting the door bell from the Hikvision App first?

Back