01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision door bell - wrong user name or password!

Yes, I would think that removing it from the app would be the first step, but it shouldn't make too much difference which way you do it.

Hi,
Just done a reboot of the bell but when I tried to log in, I get the message that I am locked out for 30 minutes.

I will try and log in again later.

Hi,
Still cant log in, still get the message that the user name or password is wrong.
Is there any way to update the firmware via the micro SD card and SADP or using IVMS 4200?

I've had a closer look at the firmware version you are currently using (v2.1.0) and it doesn't appear on any Hikvision site. I think it may be a unique firmware that is only to be used with ClareControl's rebadged Hikvision products, and where you have installed it on an official Hikvision product this may be causing problems.

We would recommend trying to downgrade the firmware to v1.4.62

You should be able to do this in iVMS-4200 by going to Device Management, select the doorbell and open Remote Configuration (see below) you should then see all the settings including a Maintenance menu where you can load the firmware.

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 12.21.35.png

Hi Dan,
Just downloaded IVMS 4200 but it looks nothing like your screen shot. I found a Tab "Maintenance and Management" but when I click on Remote configuration there is no option for a firmware update.

This is a screen shot of my IVMS4200 page, It keeps telling me my door bell is offline although I can access it through Hikconnect.
Annotation 2020-01-10 180607.jpg

It looks like you need to log into the camera with its password to access Remote configuration.

This is doing my head in:(

Hi Dan,
I have eventually managed to log into the settings page :) I reset the camera numerous times and searched the clarecontrols web site for an eternity until I found an article about recording to an NVR. within the article it mentioned the user name was "clareadmin" for one version. I tried that name along with default password "adminXXXXXX" and I managed to get in.
I downgraded the firmware to the one you suggested however it still comes up with the Clare control logo,etc.

Thankyou very much for all your help. :)

Hi Dan,
I have eventually managed to log into the settings page :) I reset the camera numerous times and searched the clarecontrols web site for an eternity until I found an article about recording to an NVR. within the article it mentioned the user name was "clareadmin" for one version. I tried that name along with default password "adminXXXXXX" and I managed to get in.
I downgraded the firmware to the one you suggested however it still comes up with the Clare control logo,etc.

Thankyou very much for all your help. :)
What model Clare do you use ? I'm trying to find out if the newest one works with onvif .

Back