01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION DS-9632NI-H8 No Access to Console

supersel

I have a DS-9632NI-H8, when directly connected to the NVR via keyboard, mouse, and monitor I only see a black screen and the mouse pointer. I can not even see the option to login. When I connect via another PC on the LAN, I can see the all the settings that are accessible normally via a PC on LAN.

History:

The unit was working fine up until the last week. I noticed that the unit has stopped recording. The drive had ran out of space instead of writing over itself. At this time, I noticed that I no longer had access when directly connect to console. I then reformatted drive and was able to get the unit to record again. I just still have no access when directly connect to console.

Any suggestions?

Only thing I can think of is that a lot of NVRs have both VGA and HDMI monitor outputs. And you can choose to have the console menus displayed on VGA OR HDMI (and sometimes there is an "Auto" option). So maybe you have your monitor connected to HDMI but the menus are being output to the VGA (or the other way around).

On my NVR if I connect to the NVR web interface the options to change this are in System -> System Settings -> Menu output

Hmmm, never seen this before.

Things to try, in order of seriousness:
  1. Using your LAN/PC access, grab a backup of the configuration of your NVR (just in case).
  2. Cycle the NVR's power.
  3. Upgrade the firmware to the latest available.
  4. Reset to defaults.

This is the first time that I will do a backup of the configuration. Do just export the config file and the IPC config file? Or is there something else I need to backup? I have done a reboot but nothing changed.

If you just want to back up all the settings you just need to export the config file as you say. If you look at the post below it will show you how to do this.

Did you try this before the reboot?

Back