01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision DS-KD8003 Door Station => how to dial a SIP extension?

What error do you have in sip log? For me it works fine...

Remember, I never got early media to work when you call ring groups, so that's feature you will miss... Never got it to work with PBX.. only when calling a single extentsion...

Video after pickup works... But not before on ring groups...

If you have any ideas...

"the subscriber you dialled is not available now..."
I did not get this error yet. I am using the door station with two android tablets running linphone as Indoor stations and freepbx (which is built around asterisk) as sip server.
Maybe try this combination first? Are you using the latest firmware?

I did not get this error yet. I am using the door station with two android tablets running linphone as Indoor stations and freepbx (which is built around asterisk) as sip server.
Maybe try this combination first? Are you using the latest firmware?
Do you have early media , to see video before pickup?

Are you using the latest firmware?
Yes. V2.2.52 build 211126.

May I ask what config you did in your freepbx? For now I tried two things, by adding login details in pjsip.conf then extension info in extensions.conf:

- Simply answer the call and play a message. This is just to test how long the call will go on for in case of issues with the conference I tried:
exten = 200,1,Answer()
same = n,Playback(hello-world)

- Setup a conference call:
exten = 300,1,Answer()
same = n,ConfBridge(1234)

The conference works well. I can dial into it from my phone and speak to the intercom but only for a few seconds until the door station drops the call.

I see this may be a little off-topic here, feel free to create a follow up or DM me?

I created chan_Sip, but it also works for me with pjsip...

That conference, didn't know that it was possible... I was not able to call outdoor station... If that conference works, it means you can get the video stream with sip, and send DTMF signal to open door?

300 is your doorstation?

What is that hello-world ? I didn't create displans on my pbx

Btw , just for info, the outdoor runs it owns private sip protocol, I did a wireshark how the indoor stations are doing the registration, you can simulate it with registering linphone directly on the 8003... It worked, but I had no audio for some strange reason, maybe just an codec issue... But then a asterisk was not needed... But only usefull if you have 1 sip end user... Registering multi contacts , only the last one was ringing :-(

I was not able to call outdoor station...
Yeah... that's the issue.

My intention with a conference was to answer the call from the door station, play a 'ringing' or 'on hold' tone and trigger a script that will cause notification on my phone. I can then dial into the same conference from my phone to speak to the door station. Added bonus is that because this is a conference any number of household members can interact with the intercom at the same time. I want to do this because we have a Loxone system and it's interface with intercoms works like this (it needs triggering and then to call the intercom from what I can tell - didn't get that far yet).

However, all the above is useless if the door station does not keep an outbound SIP call active for more than a few seconds :(

you can get the video stream with sip, and send DTMF signal to open door?
Sorry, I don't know but seems logical. If you can keep the SIP call active.

FWIW, I don't care about video because I can view the stream on my phone using the Loxone or HikConnect app. TBH, worst case scenario is that I can trigger Loxone (by means of a script in Asterisk) which will cause a pop-up on my phone and they if I want to speak to the intercom can do that with HikConnect. However, this is very 'worst case' as it's not a nice solution.

300 is your doorstation?
No, that's just an arbitrary extension number I configured. The door station must call extension 300 when the intercom button is pressed (configure this in the Intercom/Numbers screen) to establish a call to the conference.

What is that hello-world ?
It just plays a 'Hello world' message (audio file that comes with Asterisk) as a test.

I didn't create displans on my pbx
How did you correctly connect the extension the door station dials to connect to your Android devices then?

Ok will post my config this afternoon , nothing really special tough...
Indeed video/door is not needed for me with sip, I use HA as domotica, I send isapi command to the outdoor station, to open door from my Google home for example... I also have Alertstream, to listen for events, like if door opens, with badge or keypad/ I start my Spotify and turn on lights :+)

Btw, ho do you use hikconnect app, if you don't have an indoor panel? I always thought you can only add indoor panels to hikconnect, and not the 8003

How did you manage that? I can't get ISAPI to work here :(
I did before with isapi and a custom firmware, but now I run a script from the SDK, much faster and much more events , like call status, motion detection, it connects to the doorstation on port 8000...

I post later

Btw, ho do you use hikconnect app, if you don't have an indoor panel?
Install HikConnect. Hit 'Plus' button (top right) to add device. Select 'Manual adding'. Change 'Adding Type' to 'IP/Domain'. Enter details of your local device.

This way I added a KD8003 and am able to view the live stream and also make two way call from HikConnect.

Install HikConnect. Hit 'Plus' button (top right) to add device. Select 'Manual adding'. Change 'Adding Type' to 'IP/Domain'. Enter details of your local device.

This way I added a KD8003 and am able to view the live stream and also make two way call from HikConnect.
Ahh ok, so it's not based on the Chinese cloud then :) , full local... Interesting, also port 8000 ? Needs to be open then in your port forward?

So your can use hikconnect to receive incoming calls also? Or is that not possible?

Btw, do you have early media on that conference? If you call multiple linphones, I can't get it to work, must be something in asteriks to share the video in multiple channels...
I don't use conference, maybe that's a solution

hey, see link below, i am using Home Assistant for domotica, i started that thread sometime ago, i update it sometimes, when i find some usefull info to share with other users... i also linked a dropbox with all isapi... BUT, i see you already have the latest firmware 2.2.52 , thats sucks :)
The firmware i use is a custom one, and you cant downgrade anymore, so ISAPI for alertstream + callsatus doesnt work for you
What works, is that you can send a remote open door with isapi , that wll work...
If you you also want events, like, door opened by user .... , callstatus, you can use that python script, i have that one now running too... another guy is also converting it to a java module....

anwyay, back to SIP :)
i just created some chan_sip extensions, based on UDP, port 5160 , enabled video, and make sure h264 is selected for video, as for audio only ulaw/alaw
my doorstation = extension 2000
my indoor + some linphone clients are like 2001 , 2002 , 2003 , ....
created a follow me group 2100 with members (2001 , 2002 , 2003 , ....)
from the outdoor i just call 2100 as number setting...

thats all, i use freepbx, no diaplans, no trunks , quite a basic config

but i want to know more about conference, i never setup that, is that an extra free module?
what files do i need to change? how would the code look like, with the extension numbering above?

thnx!

port 8000 ? Needs to be open then in your port forward?
I didn't do anything special with ports. Guess as long as there is connectivity between your Android device and door station this will work.

So your can use hikconnect to receive incoming calls also? Or is that not possible?
It doesn't seem that way. If you know someone is at the door though, you can pickup your phone, open HikConnect and speak with them.

FWIW, we have a WireGuard VPN into our LAN so even when we are not home and on mobile data our local devices are directly accessible. HikConnect live view and two-way audio works perfectly over this. No cloud required.

P.S. Sorry, I don't understand your question about the conference

yeah, already added the 8003 to hikconnect, but its indeed useless , you cant open the door or accept a call , this can indeed only be done with an indoor panel...

just want to know how you setup conference? this is new to me, how does that work? lets say you create a conference number like 3000
from ds-8003 , you call that number 3000 ? and then there is somekind of dialplan to invite other people to that conference so the call be answered?

how does it work the other way? lets say i 'm exension 2002 , i join the conference 3000 , now can in invite extension 2000 (8003) to the conf?

or am i totally wrong here?

was reading about conference, but seems to add extensions or to invite, you need a paid module 'conference pro'

yes, alertstream doesnt work on your firmware, i have th e custom one, and since 2.2.50 , you cant downgrade anymore, so you are forced to use the SDK (works better though)
i'm trying to get the options from my custom firmware in the next official release... but it takes a while

Back