01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Help!!

Sarnie

First post from a complete noob!!

I've had a system installed by a guy who has now completely ghosted me!

- The first issue was that the motion detection was way too sensitive and was pinging from all 6 camera every few seconds. Turned sensitivity right down, no difference. The guy said that the system needed the firmware to be updated which would then included an option to only notify us if it detected cars or people?? He then emailed me a .DAV file which I transfered to a USB still and plugged it into the DVR but it in the upgrade section it doesn't show the file on the USB? I've watched loads of Youtube video's but all seem to be on different/older systems and of no help...

- Also, my DVR was beeping incessently......managed to find the exception box and stopped it beeping. But from my reading the beeping is to tell me that I have an issue with the HDD? Which I think now coincides with thefact that I think the camera's are just streaming live now but not actually recording currently as there is no playback available and no red circle on the from of the DVR in between the two white circles.....

Any help would be massively appreciated!!!

Liam

Please list your Hikvision hardware, and what firmware version each is currently running

Please install Hikvision's SADP utility on a PC on the same network and share here a screenshot of the table it produces.

Firstly I'd ensure that you have the correct firmware file for your model. It sounds like you have a DVR perhaps as opposed to an NVR (coaxial BNC connectors for the camera inputs on the back of the recorder as opposed to network connectors).

You can get the model number of the DVR/NVR by clicking on the spanner icon at the top of the screen and it's listed under System Info, Device Information. It's unlikely that a firmware upgrade will give you the Human/Vehicle filtering option unless the cameras you had installed were AcuSense (if you have an IP system with NVR) or if it's a HDTVI system with an AcuSense DVR.

The beeping can actually be caused simply by motion detection depending on how it's set up, clicking on the orange warning icon at the time will tell you the cause. You can tell if the cameras are recording - their should be a red and black movie clapper board in the top right corner of each image.

So i downloaded the SADP utility, is this what you wanted Phil?

1600851436780.png

Yes, that's great :)
I can't quite see the full IP address for your DVR ("IPv4 Address").
You can drag that column slightly wider, and you will then be able to read its full IP address.
Enter that IP address into the address bar of the Internet Explorer browser on your PC, and you should then be able to login and view settings etc.

Beeping typically suggests that the HDD needs formatting.
Was this ever done?
Has the unit ever recorded?
Access the Config -> Storage area and you can check that the HDD shows it is present, its capacity, and test its health.

You can also update the firmware once you have access into the Config area:

The latest firmware for your Turbo 5.0 DVR can be downloaded from here (V4.26.000 at the bottom of the list):

Yes, that's great :)
I can't quite see the full IP address for your DVR ("IPv4 Address").
You can drag that column slightly wider, and you will then be able to read its full IP address.
Enter that IP address into the address bar of the Internet Explorer browser on your PC, and you should then be able to login and view settings etc.

Beeping typically suggests that the HDD needs formatting.
Was this ever done?
Has the unit ever recorded?
Access the Config -> Storage area and you can check that the HDD shows it is present, its capacity, and test its health.

You can also update the firmware once you have access into the Config area:

The latest firmware for your Turbo 5.0 DVR can be downloaded from here (V4.26.000 at the bottom of the list):

Phil,

I've managed to get access to config section.

When first set up, the unit did record from the outset..............then we tried to turn the motion sensing facility on and it went crazy, detecting on all six camcera every few seconds. So the guy came back but couldn't do it and said he'd need to go away and work it out. then he sent me the .DAV file to put on a USB as he said the firm ware needed updating which would bring more options. That didn't work............then my wife decided now was a good idea to change the wifi router.........which meant I had to set up the system again on the new router........which i did but then the DVR started beeping and the red light went off.......spoke to the guy and he basically said it was because I'd now changed the wifi and then never heard back from him.......

Anyway, it looks like the HDD is not being recognised?

1600875852150.png

Here are the firmware setting;

1600875889024.png

Does that firmware need updating?

Yes, update the firmware as per the guide I linked to in my last Post.

Then format the HDD and set it to record continuously again (in the schedule settings).

Yes, update the firmware as per the guide I linked to in my last Post.

Then format the HDD and set it to record continuously again (in the schedule settings).
Thanks but how do i know what I need to download?

1600897124387.png

The spreadsheet that is the first download in that list reveals the below lookup table, which shows that you need the K8A3 firmware for your DVR - the first firmware on the list at that page :)

1600945036720.png

Ok, done that now! Phew! Ha!

Now..........how do I format the hard drive when the format button is greyed out?

1600946427298.png

You need to select the drive that you wish to format - put a tick in the box to the left of the number 1 in the HDD No. column.
Then the Format button should become usable.

Yes, 1TB apparently........and it was all set up and recording initially as we were able to go in a playback stuff from hours before.........

Back