01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Linkage Methods?

Cos

I'm trying to get some understanding of the linkage settings in my Hikvision NVR and cameras.

I have a couple of different cameras linked to my NVR, each with different linkage methods so what I'll do is to combine them all in to one list, if someone could assist in filling in the blanks I'd appreciate it.

Normal Linkage

Audible warning - where does this audible warning heard? At the camera or does the NVR produce this?

Send email - reasonably self explanatory!!

Notify Surveillance Center - my understanding, correctly or otherwise, is that the surveillance center is a device or software which receives push notifications hence will be notified by the NVR when an event occurs. I'm assuming the iVMS-4500 app on my phone might be a good example?

Full Screen Monitoring - I presume this maximises a particular camera screen when an event occurs. Does this occur on the web interface or just on monitors connected directly to the NVR?

Trigger Channel - ??? No idea what trigger channel does.

Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS - reasonably self explanatory!!

Trigger Alarm Output

A->1 - is this a hardware or software output? Where is this located?

D1->1 - is this a hardware or software output? Where is this located?

Trigger Recording

A1 - What is this?

D1 - What is this?

I'm assuming the NVR overrides the camera linkage methods as one of my cameras is set to Notify Surveillance Center but the NVR is not set to and I don't get any notifications on my phone (iVMS-4500 HD app). I can only assume the NVR overrides the camera and doesn't send notification.

Thanks

Hikvision provide contextual help when you are in the back-end of their devices.
If you click the Help button at the top-right you will find a fairly comprehensive explanation of the features and setting for the page you are currently viewing.
Much improved nowadays.
I have cpatured those for the section you are interested in from our demo 7716 NVR and attached them as a pdf below.

Attachments

• Hikvision Event Config Help 6-2-22.pdf
    760.9 KB · Views: 1,501
  • NVR Config Event settings 6-4-22.png
    NVR Config Event settings 6-4-22.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 960
Hi,
Thanks for this. Some of the terminology is quote ambiguous but between the help provided on the NVR help screen and the manual, I think I have worked out what most of this means. Some very confusing and perhaps cryptic terms used by Hikvision :eek:

Hikvision provide contextual help when you are in the back-end of their devices.
If you click the Help button at the top-right you will find a fairly comprehensive explanation of the features and setting for the page you are currently viewing.
Much improved nowadays.
I have cpatured those for the section you are interested in from our demo 7716 NVR and attached them as a pdf below.
Phil, the event config help file is very useful. The problem I have is the old eyes are not as sharp as they used to be. Is there a larger typeface copy available?

Regards

Michael

Back