01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Mounting Help

OrdinaryJoe

Could be a total brain fart but I’ll go ahead anyway!! I have my cameras and mounting boxes (DS-1280-ZJ-DM8). I’m running the cable from where it exits the wall into a Wiska box from behind(can be changed). I want to then run the cable from there in flexible conduit to the mounting bracket (side entry), the issue is the size of the gland on the Hikvision mounting box, says G3/4 thread..or do people put the conduit into the gland? what conduit/glands do people use to connect to the gland on the mounting bracket back to a box?

Have wvwrything working except the conduit

(My cable exits wall no where near the camera hence the flexible conduit need).

Last edited:
It's hard to believe, but I think the thread is actually 3/4" BSP!

It's hard to believe, but I think the thread is actually 3/4" BSP!
Cheer Phil, I know it 3/4 but my flex conduit ends with M20 or M25...is there freely available 3/4 to M20? My local shop were totally unhelpful!! Think the 3/4 is a common galvanised steel pipe fitting?

I think you'll need to get an adapter from an electrical wholesaler.
Some M20 plastic may screw in OK.

If you get some cheap quality plastic flexible conduit (10M contractors pack) , the ends on them are usually split. The cheapness in the quality of the pack , should mean you can forcefully screw it in.

If you PM me your details , I could find one in my garage and post to you ?

If you get some cheap quality plastic flexible conduit (10M contractors pack) , the ends on them are usually split. The cheapness in the quality of the pack , should mean you can forcefully screw it in.

If you PM me your details , I could find one in my garage and post to you ?
Cheers,

I ended up gluing and sealing in a standard threaded reducer! Not ideal but neat enough and cheap!

I have the DS-1280-ZJ-DM21 which also comes with the G3/4 gland.

If it would help anyone else, the G3/4 thread size is compatible with the M25 thread size. So, if you want to use a M20 gland then get yourself a M25 to M20 reducer.

WKKRM25SLASH20G.jpg
IMG_20201002_172517.jpg

I really don’t know why Hikvision insist on using such a large cable gland.
What I do, as an alternative to running conduit, is to use SWA Ethernet cable.
I fold the steel armoured wires back over the outer PVC sheath and then use a couple of layers of adhesive lined heatshrink over the top. This packs out the SWA cable nicely and allows a good seal on the G3/4 gland.
For me the smaller diameter of the SWA cable (approx 10.5cm) gives a more discrete installation than using conduit, whilst still providing physical protection for the Ethernet cabling.

3BA559C7-5FCE-463B-B7CC-F07F158568D5.jpeg

Back