01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P (B) Mouse Question

SteMac32

Hi, I've just installed the above NVR and with help from the forum i now have it working perfectly. I have one final question to which i can't seem to locate an answer to on here even though I'm sure there is somewhere.....

Can i connect a bluetooth mouse to the NVR due to it being located in a different room to where it is to be viewed, I would like to eliminate all cables so would prefer not to use an extender?

If so, will it just be plug and play.

If not, what other wireless mouse options do i have.

Thanks again guys

Hi,

I just tried mine on one of our NVRs and it did work, however, they can be a bit hit and miss and some Bluetooth mice may not work.

Also, one other thing to note is the distance at which the mouse is from the NVR, if it is too far away the mouse won't have a strong enough signal to connect with its Bluetooth adaptor or you may have a connection that is temperamental and drops in and out.

I've used Logitech cheap end wireless mice for around £10 on Amazon - and have one where the NVR is about ten metres away, and works perfectly.

Cheers guys, i'll give it a go. Always good to have a spare wireless mouse around the house anyway if it doesn't work.

How are you getting the video out from the NVR to the other room? Long HDMI cable?

Regarding the mouse - I usually fit a Logitech M185 on every job - £10 to £13 on Amazon depending on which way the wind is blowing. It will work through a ceiling to the room above. Keep in mind that you could also run a 10m USB extension (USB A Male > USB A Female) alongside your HDMI and plug the Logitech receiver into the end of that for even greater range/flexibility.

i just use a cheap mouse with a bluetooth adapter and im roughly 15 to 20 feet from the nvr and it works really good

Back