01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVRs with Area function in hik-connect?

deyangg

Hi guys,

I've spent all day trying to find out which current hikvision nvrs support creation of "areas" to arm/disarm in the hik-connect app.

Does anyone know if the following models support it because it is not written anywhere:

DS-7616NXI-I2/S
iDS-7716NXI-I4/X(C)
DS-7616NXI-K2
DS-7616NI-M2

Basically I have some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras which work great but would like to connect them to an NVR that supports Area function in the hik-connect app so I can set areas and arm/disarm these cameras.

Thanks

Solution
Hi guys,

I've spent all day trying to find out which current hikvision nvr's support creation of "areas" to arm/disarm in the hik-connect app.

Does anyone know if the following models support it because it is not written anywhere:

DS-7616NXI-I2/S
iDS-7716NXI-I4/X(C)
DS-7616NXI-K2
DS-7616NI-M2

Basically I have some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras which work great but would like to connect them to an NVR that supports Area function in the hik-connect app so I can set areas and arm/disarm these cameras.

Thanks
The first possibly not but I can't be sure as it depends how recent the firmware goes up to. Across the different models, the firmware versions that do support the function are usually 4.70/4.72 (ish) and above. The last...
Hi guys,

I've spent all day trying to find out which current hikvision nvr's support creation of "areas" to arm/disarm in the hik-connect app.

DS-7616NXI-I2/S
iDS-7716NXI-I4/X(C)
DS-7616NXI-K2
DS-7616NI-M2

Thanks
The first possibly not but I can't be sure as it depends how recent the firmware goes up to. Across the different models, the firmware versions that do support the function are usually 4.70/4.72 (ish) and above. The last two definitely have the feature.

Upvote 1
Solution
Thanks man, I will then get the DS-7616NXI-K2, I hope it will have the areas function - will post back to confirm.

Upvote 0
Thanks man, I will then get the DS-7616NXI-K2, I hope it will have the areas function - will post back to confirm.
It does. Just make sure as soon as you get it connected to download and install the latest firmware. Whether it be cameras or NVR/DVR, equipment is rarely up to date when delivered.

Upvote 0
It does. Just make sure as soon as you get it connected to download and install the latest firmware. Whether it be cameras or NVR/DVR, equipment is rarely up to date when delivered.
Hi,

I confirm it works with NXI-7616NI-K2 but somehow with limited functionality.

I can set smart events only for 2 cameras (using the embedded nvr's VCA - it supports up to 2 cameras, if I try with more cameras, it says that the nvr does not have enough resources for vca) and if I want to set smart events for a 3rd camera, using the camera's vca (there is a select box to use nvr's vca or camera's vca) it does not work properly. When I add the 3rd camera to an area in hikconnect and arm all areas via the app I don't get notifications and alarms for the 3rd camera (only for the 2 cameras which are using the nvr's vca).

Do you have any solution about this or any tutorial? May be there is something i am missing.

Thanks,
Deyan

Upvote 0
Hi,

I confirm it works with NXI-7616NI-K2 but somehow with limited functionality.

I can set smart events only for 2 cameras (using the embedded nvr's VCA - it supports up to 2 cameras, if I try with more cameras, it says that the nvr does not have enough resources for vca) and if I want to set smart events for a 3rd camera, using the camera's vca (there is a select box to use nvr's vca or camera's vca) it does not work properly. When I add the 3rd camera to an area in hikconnect and arm all areas via the app I don't get notifications and alarms for the 3rd camera (only for the 2 cameras which are using the nvr's vca).

Do you have any solution about this or any tutorial? May be there is something i am missing.

Thanks,
Deyan
There's no reason why it shouldn't work using a mix of Camera VCA and NVR VCA. So long as the 'Notify Surveillance Center' option is selected for the event in the NVR interface it should work.

Just a thought - you haven't mistakenly set 'Notify Surveillance Center' directly on the camera interface have you? Regardless of whether the camera is connected directly to an NVR PoE port or via the LAN, 'Notify Surveillance Center' should be set in the NVR, as that is what is reporting to your Hik-Connect account (using 'Notify Surveillance Center' on the camera would only be used when the camera is standalone and added to Hik-Connect individually)

Upvote 0
Well, I am not sure why but it doesn't work - "notify surveillance center" is not checked in the camera's smart event actions. Also all the other smart event actions are off on the camera itself - just the intrusion and line crossing detection are set on the camera with no actions. The "notify surveillance center" is only set on the nvr for that camera (and for the other 2 who are using the nvr's vca).

The strange thing is that for that 3rd camera sometimes also the alarm and strobe light actions are not working when armed via the nvr (only nvr is connected to hik-connect), although these actions are also set on the nvr together with the notify surveillance center.

Not aure if it is a bug but i've spend like 4 hours trying different scenarios/settings and still can't get it working :)

Probably it is a bug..but I have installed the latest firmware on the nvr and the cameras..Cameras are ds-2cd2347g2-lsu/sl and i love the picture quality but this thing is making me crazy going back to the client's site again and again :)

Upvote 0
Also all the other smart event actions are off on the camera itself - just the intrusion and line crossing detection are set on the camera with no actions. The "notify surveillance center" is only set on the nvr for that camera (and for the other 2 who are using the nvr's vca).
I take it that you set all event actions using the NVR interface. There should be no need to go into the camera interface for that regardless of whether you are using Camera VCA or NVR VCA set everything in the NVR interface.
Probably it is a bug..but I have installed the latest firmware on the nvr and the cameras..Cameras are ds-2cd2347g2-lsu/sl and i love the picture quality but this thing is making me crazy going back to the client's site again and again :)
I'm not aware of a bug with Camera VCA event not sending notifications; I use the NXI-K models and and always use camera VCA where the cameras have AcuSense.

The last thing to check is that in the NVR settings you have 'Save Camera VCA Data' enabled. By default it is switched off and the data would be discarded that is sent alongside the video stream. I forget where it is exactly but if click through the menu on the local interface you will find it.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the tips. I have done everything correctly then, except the "Save Camera VCA Data" - not sure this has been set. I will check it out in the next couple of days and come back.

Upvote 0
Back