01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HiLook Cameras no longer working?

scragg63

Hello everyone, I hope there is someone out there who is able to answer my current issue i am finding with my Hilook camera system with DVR.
I think my internet rebooted itself a few ago now and since then my cameras have stopped working (or are still working but they are not showing on the monitor) The mobile app has also stopped working, that is now asking for an encription password?
The dvr is connected to the router via an ehternet cable and that is showing connected with a yellow light on it so im assuming there is some connection to the internet etc.
I have rebooted the device numerous times now, disconnected all the cameras (4) reconnected and still get the 'no video' on screen.
In the configuration its saying the system is bound and online, but im really now not sure what else to do with this as it worked perfectly well a few weeks back. To be honest i probably wouldnt have checked the system as it was a neighbour who had their car hit and asked for the footage, which i was unable to provide.
When i initially set all this up it was simply plug and play, everything worked as it should no messing about with settings etc.
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated before the bin men take it away.

Thanks in advance
Craig

I'm willing to bet you don't have a static IP address and now the cameras have all been reassigned a new address. It's a relatively simple fix, but I'll let Dan/Kyle explain it.

Thanks for your response, i have to say i do like the 'simple to fix' statement as its driving me nuts. Ive even had an online BT engineer trying to explain port settings etc, may as well speak mandarin. It was all automatic before which is confusing the life out of me.
But thanks for getting back to me, very much appreciated.

Hello all, ive still no cameras working, can anyone recommend a viable solution to this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @scragg63

This seems like a very messy situation, we primarily work with the Hikvision professional range so our experience with the consumer HiLook range is limited.

If all the cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR then I don't believe the IP addresses would have been changed when the network was changed or the power was cycled because directly connected cameras are usually assigned fixed subnet addresses that are not impacted by changes to the local network.

Can you confirm how you have access to the NVR? You mention accessing with the app but do you also have access via a direct HDMI monitor and/or a browser?
Can you follow these forum instructions and use the command prompt tool on a PC to confirm the default gateway of your local network/router?
Can you also go to the network settings of the NVR and confirm the IP address the NVR is currently using?

Hi @scragg63

This seems like a very messy situation, we primarily work with the Hikvision professional range so our experience with the consumer HiLook range is limited.

If all the cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR then I don't believe the IP addresses would have been changed when the network was changed or the power was cycled because directly connected cameras are usually assigned fixed subnet addresses that are not impacted by changes to the local network.

Can you confirm how you have access to the NVR? You mention accessing with the app but do you also have access via a direct HDMI monitor and/or a browser?
Can you follow these forum instructions and use the command prompt tool on a PC to confirm the default gateway of your local network/router?
Can you also go to the network settings of the NVR and confirm the IP address the NVR is currently using?
Hi Dan, many thanks for your response. Ive took a screenshot of the results from the pc's command, i'll go and take photos of what the screen is saying on the m onitor now to hopefully help solve this. The DVR (not NVR) is connected directly using an ethernet cable and this is showing connected on the front of the DVR with a small light. The screens say 'bound' and online but other screens say the network is unreachable? I'll send the photos when i have taken them and thanks for your assistance in this.

Attachments

• Screenshot ip.png
    Screenshot ip.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 370
Hi Dan, many thanks for your response. Ive took a screenshot of the results from the pc's command, i'll go and take photos of what the screen is saying on the m onitor now to hopefully help solve this. The DVR (not NVR) is connected directly using an ethernet cable and this is showing connected on the front of the DVR with a small light. The screens say 'bound' and online but other screens say the network is unreachable? I'll send the photos when i have taken them and thanks for your assistance in this.

Attachments

• 20220903_153058_resized.jpg
    20220903_153058_resized.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 567
  • 20220903_153147_resized.jpg
    20220903_153147_resized.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 491
  • 20220903_153159_resized.jpg
    20220903_153159_resized.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 20220903_153219_resized.jpg
    20220903_153219_resized.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 464
  • 20220903_153249_resized.jpg
    20220903_153249_resized.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 20220903_153307_resized.jpg
    20220903_153307_resized.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 430
  • 20220903_153408_resized.jpg
    20220903_153408_resized.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 380
  • 20220903_153425_resized.jpg
    20220903_153425_resized.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 475
  • 20220903_153436_resized.jpg
    20220903_153436_resized.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 20220903_153445_resized.jpg
    20220903_153445_resized.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 369
  • 20220903_153457_resized.jpg
    20220903_153457_resized.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 450
Thanks @scragg63

The fact that your analog cameras are directly connected to the NVR but are still not showing an image is very odd.

Our experience with analog equipment is very limited but it is our understanding that for directly connected analog cameras there should be very little configuration, so I can't understand why you wouldn't be getting any live view image on a direct monitor.

The only thing I could think of would be DVR firmware, can you confirm the exact HiLook DVR model you have and what firmware it is currently using? (you should find this information in the System or info menus)

when in live view if all you get is no video on the camera channels it may be the camera power supply not working

Thanks @scragg63

The fact that your analog cameras are directly connected to the NVR but are still not showing an image is very odd.

Our experience with analog equipment is very limited but it is our understanding that for directly connected analog cameras there should be very little configuration, so I can't understand why you wouldn't be getting any live view image on a direct monitor.

The only thing I could think of would be DVR firmware, can you confirm the exact HiLook DVR model you have and what firmware it is currently using? (you should find this information in the System or info menus)
Thanks Dan, just checked the system and the firmware is up to date, all the info you've requested is in the attachment. Hope this helps. Thanks again.

Attachments

• firmware.jpg
    firmware.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 216
Thanks @scragg63

the latest firmware is v4.30.300 so I would recommend updating to that firmware.

I assume you clicked an auto-update button in the DVR and it said it was up to date, we have found in the past that these auto-update features are broken and say the firmware is up-to-date when there is actually newer firmware available.

Thanks @scragg63

the latest firmware is v4.30.300 so I would recommend updating to that firmware.

I assume you clicked an auto-update button in the DVR and it said it was up to date, we have found in the past that these auto-update features are broken and say the firmware is up-to-date when there is actually newer firmware available.
Dan the firmware is all up to date according to the dvr screen. And yes the auto update tab is checked. Its very confusing I have to say.

The power supply may have a LED light on but if you have a multimeter it should be 12 volt
The lights on the DVR are showing there is power and ethernet connection. I've never seen any other power supply i assume the power to the cameras is through the DVR or am I missing something here?

So you have updated the DVR to v4.30.300 and you still can't see the cameras?

If that is the case then I can only think (with our limited analog knowledge) that there is some kind of hardware fault with the DVR that has appeared when the DVR has rebooted/power cycled, I think it is unlikely to be a fault with the individual cameras because it would be very odd for all the cameras to go faulty at the same time.

So you have updated the DVR to v4.30.300 and you still can't see the cameras?

If that is the case then I can only think (with our limited analog knowledge) that there is some kind of hardware fault with the DVR that has appeared when the DVR has rebooted/power cycled, I think it is unlikely to be a fault with the individual cameras because it would be very odd for all the cameras to go faulty at the same time.
Hello again Dan. The firmware says it's up to date but it's not the same as yours. Mine ends in 120? But I've run it again and it's saying up to date? I can't get to that figure you've supplied?

Hi @scragg63

As explained earlier the auto-update feature often does not work and tells you the recorder is running the latest firmware when it actually is not.

You need to download the latest firmware file from the link in my earlier post, then you need to open the zipped firmware file, load the digicap.dav file onto a formatted USB stick, and then plug the USB stick into the recorder to manually load the new firmware.

Hi @scragg63

As explained earlier the auto-update feature often does not work and tells you the recorder is running the latest firmware when it actually is not.

You need to download the latest firmware file from the link in my earlier post, then you need to open the zipped firmware file, load the digicap.dav file onto a formatted USB stick, and then plug the USB stick into the recorder to manually load the new firmware.
Thanks Dan all this is very much appreciated. Why is the mobile phone app for the device showing as locked and asks for an incription code?

When you add the DVR to HiLookVision you should have set an encryption key to enable platform access/HiLookVision, this encrypts the data as it is sent through the HiLookVision cloud and down to your mobile phone. You should only need to enter the encryption key once to verify that you have permission to access the camera streams and then it shouldn't appear again when accessing in the future.

Back