01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I confirm exact model number?!

timearnshaw

Hi all, have searched and can't find an answer - I have a DS-2DE4425IW-DE but this particular camera seems to come in various flavours with different numbers at the end following the model designation e.g. DS-2DE4425IW-DE (T5), DS-2DE4425IW-DE (S5), DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S6) etc. and this seems to affect which firmware should be used.

Problem is when I log into the web interface and look at the information in System there is no mention of the number in brackets at the end of the info displayed. I can't find anything based on serial number either, so anybody have any idea how i determine what model it is from the various S5,S6, T5 etc. options which seem to exist for this model? It was purchased from authorised UK dealer and has region code WR in the serial number.

Serial number says it is manufactured 20210109 if that helps at all, and it is currently running firmware V5.6.18 build 210428.

Thanks in advance for any help - quickly learning that Hikvision is still a pretty immature product in many ways with poor (in my experience) dealer support - my dealer has been hopeless, email only, I email them, they email Hikvision, they email dealer with questions, dealer emails me, days in between each interaction etc.!

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi all, have searched and can't find an answer - I have a DS-2DE4425IW-DE but this particular camera seems to come in various flavours with different numbers at the end following the model designation e.g. DS-2DE4425IW-DE (T5), DS-2DE4425IW-DE (S5), DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S6) etc. and this seems to affect which firmware should be used.

Problem is when I log into the web interface and look at the information in System there is no mention of the number in brackets at the end of the info displayed. I can't find anything based on serial number either, so anybody have any idea how i determine what model it is from the various S5,S6, T5 etc. options which seem to exist for this model? It was purchased from authorised UK dealer and has region code WR in the serial number.

Serial number says it is manufactured 20210109 if that helps at all, and it is currently running firmware V5.6.18 build 210428.

Thanks in advance for any help - quickly learning that Hikvision is still a pretty immature product in many ways with poor (in my experience) dealer support - my dealer has been hopeless, email only, I email them, they email Hikvision, they email dealer with questions, dealer emails me, days in between each interaction etc.!
try the SADP tool here

Thanks David, have tried that but the camera doesn't show up in there - it is connected directly to the Hik NVR and none of the cameras connected directly to it show up, only those that are on the wider network and not directly to the NVR?

What is the cameras "Firmware Version Property"? See this post for info.

I don't know if it's the same for these Pro PTZ cameras but for the cameras I have the firmware seems to be listed by "Platforms" so if Firmware Version Property says "B-R-G5-0" then I know I need G5 platform firmware and that helps me find it on one of HikVisions portals. I see on the UK portal the PTZ cameras seem to list "series" rather than "platform" but maybe it's the same thing?

But as you are discovering, HikVision seem to make finding the right firmware as difficult as possible. Add to that they have multiple portals (e.g. a UK portal and an EU portal so check both as you might find some firmware on one but not the other, or different firmware on each. The layout and links for the portals seem to constantly change too. e.g. if you bookmark your cameras firmware portal page it seems almost guaranteed that it won't work the next time you click on that bookmark in a few months. So frustrating.

Thanks! That helps. So mine is R7 and I've found R7 firmware folder, indicating i'm on latest version, and also suggesting they probably won't be releasing any more updates for it! Since I only bought the camera in about March of last year, not ideal but there you go. Thanks for the help!

Back