01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intermittently "Offline(detecting)" status message on my DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P (B) NVR? (1 camera only)

RemlinJ

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone here could help, I installed these with my dad at his property and did it the same way as I did mine, basically plug and play to the box and then set everything else up on the box.

Sometimes one camera goes offline its never a set time or when a set event happens (ie someone connecting to wifi etc). This camera doesn't ever go offline for a set amount of time sometimes it can be minutes others days or even weeks, it getting really annoying now.

Things I've tried;

hard resetting camera
default restoring NVR
changing IP addresses of IP Cameras
changed cabling
fault tested cable (its fine)
rebooting box

Sometimes with the above it will come back on immediately other times it stays off.. Ive tried using SADP Tool on Mac but it only brought up the NVR is this because the camera's are connected directly to that and not the router ? (it does the same at my address too).

Nothing is coming up on the log for a error or anything out of the ordinary I'm just getting lost with what it could be and starting to think its going to be something simple I'm overlooking.

Screen Shot2021-01-03 13_44_54.jpg

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone here could help, I installed these with my dad at his property and did it the same way as I did mine, basically plug and play to the box and then set everything else up on the box.

Sometimes one camera goes offline its never a set time or when a set event happens (ie someone connecting to wifi etc). This camera doesn't ever go offline for a set amount of time sometimes it can be minutes others days or even weeks, it getting really annoying now.

Things I've tried;

hard resetting camera
default restoring NVR
changed cabling
rebooting box

Sometimes with the above it will come back on immediately other times it stays off.. Ive tried using SADP Tool on Mac but it only brought up the NVR is this because the camera's are connected directly to that and not the router ? (it does the same at my address too).

Nothing is coming up on the log for a error or anything out of the ordinary I'm just getting lost with what it could be and starting to think its going to be something simple I'm overlooking.

View attachment 4863

Please could you post some device model numbers and firmware details?

Hi All,

Things I've tried;

hard resetting camera
default restoring NVR
changed cabling
rebooting box

View attachment 4863

Connect camera Garage Door to channel D1 and IPCamera01 to channel D2 and let us know what happens.

Please could you post some device model numbers and firmware details?
Sorry it's been late it's been crazy with lockdowns etc.

NVR;

Model; DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P (B)
Firmware; V3.4.112 build 200415

Cameras;

Model; DS-2CD2347G1-LU
Firmware; V5.6.2 build 190701

All the cameras are the same model and on the same firmware too.

There is a new firmware version - upload it and see if it helps. No idea what could be causing your problem otherwise - I have two of those cameras and another two being delivered next week. They are fantastic.

There is a new firmware version - upload it and see if it helps. No idea what could be causing your problem otherwise - I have two of those cameras and another two being delivered next week. They are fantastic.

Well I updated the box and no I'm going to try updating the cameras. It's a weird one I thought it was a camera fault but no the camera I took off and replaced it with was doing the same and it's fine at my house.

They're cracking cameras I have a few myself and fitted a few for my dad and in-laws but struggling with just this one; I wanted to look at becoming a installer, might give it a miss now lol

I ' ve had the same problem...The solution was to change the numbers in the Qos section from 0 to :
Video/Audio DSCP 46
Video/Audio DSCP 34
Management DSCP 48

Where do I find this setting ?
Not something I've ever used and I can't see why it would be necessary to adjust it. Although you said you've tested the cable I'd be looking at the female connector on the camera, where the CAT5E cable connects. You may find burnt out/corroded pins when you look into it. If moisture gets in to the assembly it shorts the PoE pins and those pins get corroded and go high resistance causing issues like you describe.

Back