01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Address question for 2 separate networks

Fetster

Hi. I have recently purchased a iDS-7732NXI-I4 / 16P/16S(B) and was wanting to connect all my IP cameras through POE switches rather than the POE ports on the NVR.

I already have a DS-9632NI-I8 with 32 IP cameras using IP address 192.168.20.XX which are connected into the 2nd network port on the unit. The unit is then connected to the normal network on the other network port where all devices are on 192.168.10.XX range to give it internet access and so LAN computers can view iVMS-4200.

Ideally I want to continue with all IP cameras on 192.168.20.XX and keep them separate from the normal network but I'm not sure how I can do this with the IDS7732 unit. I want to give the new unit internet and network access on the 192.168.10.XX range but don't want computers on that range to be able to access the cameras.

Any suggestions please?

Hi @Fetster

The only way I think this would be possible would be to connect the PoE switch to the PoE ports on the NVR and that way the cameras would be on the NVRs subnet IP range but still on a remote PoE switch. This YouTube video explains how to set it up.

Back