01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Cams on existing network >

Bentech

Hi All ,

The 2 NVRs & DVR are installed.

I attached a PIC of what it looks like.

I need some help for the gateway , etc...

First , is it OK the way it is right now ?

What gateway I put for the settings of the CAMS ? (It's 192.168.1.1 by default)

What about the NVRs & DVR ? What other other things I need to do to configure this correctly ?

Should I remove the GIGA switch and connect the NVRs & DVR directly to the router ?

Thanks ! :)

Attachments

• ip cam network.png
    ip cam network.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 553
Hi,

That setup looks like it'll work fine, no need to remove the switch or connect the devices directly to the router.

The default gateway you'd enter would be the LAN IP of your router. If you don't know what it is already, you can find out by running a command prompt in windows, typing "ipconfig" and pressing enter. This will list some information about your network, including the default gateway you're using.

Tks ,

For performance , is it better with it without The switch?

If I want to extend my network to an other area , what can I use ?

Is there a "router extender" it do I put another switch ?

Hi

Because it's a gigabit switch the difference will be negligible (if any at all) between connecting to the switch or directly to the router.

You can expand your network by just adding another switch where you need to expand into and connecting it to your existing network.

I thought that thé giga switch Will be faster than the router for the NVRs

32 IP cams at 3MP , will not slow the network if I connect directly to the router?

Router is a small DLink DIR-625

Ah, sorry I didn't know your router was not gigabit capable until now.

Yes, any devices connected to a gigabit switch will communicate with one another faster than if they were connected to your non-gigabit capable router.

It might be worth looking into upgrading your router just as a thought - gigabit capable routers are now easily affordable.

Back