01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issue Accessing the Web GUI of the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)

maxdipat17

hi , I have ds-7604ni-k1/4p(b) Hikvision and I did a factory reset as the description of the system was still showing the names of the previous owners and even some professional engineers*(Tickford Security) couldn't resolve it. One camera went offline. So I did a factory reset and I didn't take a copy of all the settings.
I am not sure how to connect to the web gui. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi @maxdipat17

Is your NVR connected to the local network?
Can you access the NVR with a direct HDMI/VGA monitor?

hik11.JPG
hik10.JPG
hik9.JPG
hik10.JPG
hik9.JPG
hik8.JPG
hik6.JPG
hik4.JPG
hik12.JPG

Hi Dan,

Yes I can access the NVR directly via a HDMI/VGA monitor. I am not sure how to check if it's connected to a local network.

Please see attachments.
hik13.JPG

Attachments

• hik1.JPG
    hik1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 143
  • hik2.JPG
    hik2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 117
  • hik3.JPG
    hik3.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 124
I have managed to download the SADP tool for mobile and using the IP address logged in via the browser. I cannot see the option to look at the cameras and their IP addresses however, I still have to go up in the loft for that. Giving you as much info as possible so that you can maybe help me to get them all working again. Thanks
sadp.JPG
IP.JPG

Last edited:
my main issue is that the cameras are saying network not reachable, there are three of them and i have no picture.

Hi @maxdipat17

There is some very strange stuff going on in those photos.

Are all 3 cameras plugged into the PoE port on the NVR?
Was this system installed by a previous owner of the property? Did they leave you the NVR password? (I assume they did because you managed to log in to reset it)

I think what has happened is that the cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR and were activated with the NVRs original password, when you hard reset the NVR and probably set your own password this broke the connection to the NVR because the password they were assigned was no longer recognised by the NVR.

If you go into the camera management page (on either the browser or direct monitor), select one of the cameras, click the edit/modify button, enter the old NVR password as the camera password, and click save they should come back online.

There is some very strange stuff going on in those photos. This could be my fault, sorry, as i am not sure when i took which photo when, i can send you the latest if you tell me which ones you need.

Are all 3 cameras plugged into the PoE port on the NVR?........ yes at the back of the NVR
Was this system installed by a previous owner of the property? yes Did they leave you the NVR password? (I assume they did because you managed to log in to reset it) well, I was given the tick for the dots sign in, not sure what the original password was.

I think what has happened is that the cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR and were activated with the NVRs original password, when you hard reset the NVR and probably set your own password this broke the connection to the NVR because the password they were assigned was no longer recognised by the NVR.

If you go into the camera management page (on either the browser or direct monitor), select one of the cameras, click the edit/modify button, enter the old NVR password as the camera password, and click save they should come back online. ok I think I may have it but what if that is not it, how can the old password be obtained or reset? Thanks for looking at this, much appreciated.

please can you tell me in the camera management do i select plug and play or manual as i can only enter a password under manual.

Yes, switch to manual and enter the password (but don't change the IP addresses of the cameras)

Camera management should be under the system menu

Don't do anything to the IP address when you save the password.

The chances are slim that this will work because from your earlier screenshots the IP range of your directly connected cameras seems to have changed a lot (in one screenshot the camera management page is showing the IP range for the cameras as 192.168.1.xxx, in another the range is showing as 192.168.2.xxx, and in another it is showing as 192.168.254.xxx).

Try saving the password without changing the IP address initially and see if the cameras will reconnect.

Thanks @maxdipat17

Unfortunately, it does not look like this is going to be simple to fix.

The problem is that you hard reset the NVR but this does not hard reset the directly connected cameras so the configuration of the NVR is now completely different to the cameras. Add to that the changing IP details of the cameras which means we cannot be sure what IP range the cameras are using or if the password the former owner provided you was the password the cameras were activated with (they may have activated the NVR & cameras with a different password, changed it on the NVR but not the cameras, and now nobody knows the correct camera password).

I think your only option will be to take one of the cameras down, you can try plugging it into a separate PoE injector/switch (not the NVR) and check its IP address using Hikvision's SADP tool, this will then allow you to try changing details of the camera with that password you have to see if it using that password or not. If the password doesn't work then your only option will be to take down all the cameras and hard reset them so they can be reactivated on the NVR with the new password you set when resetting the NVR.

(If you don't have a PoE injector or switch to do the first part then your only option will be to hard reset the cameras)

Plug & Play should work if you take the cameras down and hard reset them, it won't work currently because the cameras were activated with an old password that does not appear to be the old NVR password.

Plug & Play works by activating new or hard reset cameras with the NVRs activation password (which is set when you first configure the NVR), because you reset the NVR but not the cameras they were still holding onto an old password that Plug & Play did not recognise.

You will need to hard reset the cameras so that when you replug them back into the PoE ports on the NVR Plug & Play will activate them with the new password you set on the NVR.

sounds good but please tell me how i do a hard reset on the cameras, thanks

Do I reset this switch?

Attachments

• switch.JPG
    switch.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 100
Back