01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Issues finding firmware for my kit

damo2929

Hi All

I have been looking through the forum for links to firmware for my kit but am having issues with some

here is a list of the kit I have would very much appreciate it if it could be possible to be linked to some of the updates.

Screenshot from 2022-04-29 22-43-54.png

Really the only link you need is for the portal (assuming you're in the UK or EU) It's here:

From there click through the folders portal > product firmware > Hikvision.

'04 Back Ends' is where you'll find the NVR firmware. Yours is an I series. To avoid potential issues you should update first to a 4.50.x, then a 4.51.x version before finally putting the latest version on. It's good practice to delete your browser history between each update (occasionally the update changes the directories so on reboot the menu page doesn't appear and deleting browser history resolves that)

'03 Front Ends' is where you'll find the camera firmware. It looks like all of your cameras are G1 platform models. Again you don't need to load all updates but you shouldn't jump a version where the middle number has changed. 002 is already on the latest firmware (5.6.6) Your last camera (006) can go directly from 5.6.3 to 5.6.6, but for 004 and 005 I'd maybe first update to 5.6.1 before 5.6.6.

It's good practice to delete your browser history between each update (occasionally the update changes the directories so on reboot the menu page doesn't appear and deleting browser history resolves that)

Never seen that before... thanks!

Never seen that before... thanks!
Yeah it doesn't happen too often, so as long as you remember that if you get any issues with the config page after it reboots - page not loading, strange looking fonts/styling that will sort it.

Yeah it doesn't happen too often

It did happen to when I was downgrading from V4.60 to 4.51 on an I-series NVR... I suspected deleting the browser history is what fixed it, but wasn't sure because I changed other things at the same time.

Back