01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS-4200 playback length

rkg

I'm currently using iVMS-4200 with a DS-2CD2185FWD and a DS-NVR-V120B2018030. I record all video 15 sec before motion and 30 sec after motion. But when I use Event center and play video there, I only get 5 seconds. I have tried to change maintenance and management -> Live view and playback -> Preplay for 30 seconds but nothing is happening. I have tried searching alot, but can't find any solution. Anyone got some tips for me? The best would be that I could preview my clip from where I got motion to the motion stop. And then I could go to remote playback If I need more.

Hi @rkg

See the last part of this post about the pre/post record buffer zone and how your duration for both of these is limited by the stream resolution:

Thank you for the answer. I'm not sure I understand everything. But the only way to extend the length of my clips is to reduce the resolution?

Yes, or alternatively you can set the time to "not limited" to use the full buffer zone. If that is still not giving you enough before and after the event then the only option, if you want to maintain the resolution, is to switch the camera to continuous recording and event notifications, that way you can always playback any additional footage around the event if it is not covered by the buffer zone.

Back