01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking for latest Firmare for ANPR camera DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan381

Hello anyone, I'm looking for the latest firmware for this bullet camera that we are using for anpr purposes. The supplier can't/won't help, so I'm a bit lost.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the ANPR firmware isn't published / available for download.
You need to get it from your supplier.

Unfortunately, the ANPR firmware isn't published / available for download.
You need to get it from your supplier.
Ok thanks.will continue the search.... when I do find it i will be sure to post it freely on the net to anyone that wants it. The Hik people are the strangest company out there ! Why all the cloak n dagger carry on?!

Subscribe to HikVision's email newsletter.
Here is a link to the latest copy - received 9th November 2017:
Hikvision UK & Ireland Newsletter_ November 2017

The latest version of the ANPR firmware you seek is linked in the second to last box, titled New Release; second paragraph beginning "Previous darkfighter/lighter fighter ANPR camera ..."

You can subscribe to receive your own copy of the email at the top left corner.

If we've helped you out, you can make a small token of Thanks to our team here

which of the downloads would you use for DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS

the 2 files dont seem to reference it.

thanks

Hi,
It is there.
The X is a wildcard for the 'A'.
NB - that firmware is only for those model number cameras when used as ANPR cameras i.e. it's special firmware for ANPR.

Thanks Phil

I know it's the ANPR version. I have been running on old firmware as the supplier for the camera refused to provide updates

Last edited:
Hi I have Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZH ANPR and also have the NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P... I don't see the road traffic option on my web browser? all I see is vehicle detection and VCA.. Firmware of nvr is V3.4.104 build 19012 .... Web version V4.0.1 build 181226... Any suggestion or help please There isnt no option for road traffic etc on my nvr

Do i need to upgrade my firmware for the nvr?

Firmware for some of the LPR camera's is available on Hikvision's FTP site. It could be country specific so I'd check with your supplier first.

Hello, sorry to turn up six years later! I am also after firmware to enable my 2CD4A25FWD to be an ANPR camera. It is all very confusing, I bought it for that one function, and it seems to be the only thing it can't do currently! Its on 5.4.41 standard software. I've followed your link to the magazine (which is remarkably still there) but unfortunately the file in the dropbox link from the magazine isn't.

I've also found PJ14PC20200817211_FF_R3_EN_STD_5.4.5_201106_CAR.zip from the Hikvision labyrinth under '4-line non-P version' but when I try to flash it I get a message: "The type of upgrade file mismatches." Same outcome when I use the standard version.
Here is a link to the latest copy - received 9th November 2017:
Hikvision UK & Ireland Newsletter_ November 2017

The latest version of the ANPR firmware you seek is linked in the second to last box, titled New Release; second paragraph beginning "Previous darkfighter/lighter fighter ANPR camera ..."

when I do find it i will be sure to post it freely on the net to anyone that wants it.

but I guess that didn't happen.

Is there any way to get this camera to do what it supposedly can? Any help much appreciated?
Regards Tom.

Hi @tomhanman

I think due to the age of this model (and how long it has been EOL/obsolete) you probably won't be able to get the correct ANPR firmware without speaking to your original Hikvision seller.

One thing you can try is updating the camera to v5.4.5 and then try updating from that version to the v5.4.5_201106_CAR ANPR firmware linked above.

Dan thank you so much. I found a solution... also on your site!! Found it by trawling all the posts made by the others on this discussion, and on the fourth page of postings... Slopolytech's posting in the link below hits the mark.

Fantastically happy, great resourse, and really very kind to have taken the time.

Regards, Tom.

Incidentally, you didn't happen to get your degree in "Radio, Film and Television" at Canterbury did you? That's where I got mine (in 1997), and its such a rare thing to see the three disciplines lumped together it made me wonder!

Reactions: Dan
Thanks @tomhanman

I'm sure that link will be useful for others, I will close this thread off after this post as it is very old and any further questions relating to this topic should be started in a new thread.

(FYI - Yes, I did study at Canterbury. You are the first RFTV student I've encountered on the forum, small world :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back